My first race back is next month so I’m repeating positive vibes/negative splits (tank from here) over and over again:)
Andrew was at the hospital doing a shift so after I got the big kids off to school, I put in my first run for the month of March!
Skye hung out with my mom and I hit up the trail that I used to run daily back when I lived at my parents’ house a few years ago.
How cool is it that they added this for bikers on the trail… everything you need to get your bike going again when you have a problem!
Went to Target for eggs and left with baby clothes for Skye (Knox prefers riding on the bottom of the cart when we go to Target).
I should have cleaned during Skye’s nap but instead I decided to eat chocolate that my bff that is living in Switzerland brought me and read for a few minutes instead.
Flashback Friday to the above mentioned friend when I visited her while she was living in Thailand.
And then they found me hiding in my room (I kid, kind of;) and joined me which was actually really nice to get some time with just them.
Their current favorite book. I think that is because they dream of a day when I say yes to everything.
She is quite a happy girl after she has a good meal—> I totally understand and can relate to her on this issue.
Brinner… the only way I can currently get them to eat spinach is in their eggs (or in a smoothie) so those were on the side of their dog pancakes.
Is Skye happy to be held or a little nervous?
I didn’t stretch after my run so that happened along with a little bit of yoga while they watched Storybots.
I’m trying to see how many different colors I can wear tomorrow… every night I set out my running clothes for the next morning along with all of the kids clothes so that the morning is a bit less crazy.
This explains me and Andrew perfectly and if you changed the word morning to evening then he would be the top picture and I would be the bottom picture.
He is now doing his psychiatry rotation and doing really well!
And I’m going to have to say goodbye now because Skye is over the fact that she is not in my arms (ps I didn’t realize my pants were on inside out until I uploaded this picture ha).
And now for a few Friday Favorites!!!
1. I just started this book and I am loving it so far! Just what I needed and it is a good read.
2. My favorite straightener just died (I was pretty upset about it to be honest)… I didn’t want to spend $100 on a new one so I found this one for $40 on Amazon with awesome reviews so I tried it. Turns out I love it too and it does a great job. It has helped me get over how upset I was about my last straightener!
3. It is now Andrew’s birth month which I am pretty excited about. I have some great things planned and he hasn’t even guessed yet muhahah. He is turning 30 this year so it is a big deal… His birthday is also on Pi Day but it’s a shame he isn’t a huge fan of pie.
4. This one is a really strange one but it happened during my run yesterday so I thought I would share. I LOVE the smell of a new home being built… like when it is getting framed and there is a ton of wood out. I ran by a few homes being built yesterday and they smelled so good. I’m weird but I just love this smell.
5. I just started listening to the podcast Dirty John. If you are a fan of podcasts like Serial and Up and Vanished it is that same type of podcast. It is creepy and beyond crazy but it makes the time fly by on a run when I am listening to it.
Oh, and a Friday Favorite bonus.. Brooke had a play at school this week and it was the best.
Have any Friday Favorites to share?
What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Married/relationship peeps—> who is older in your relationship?
-Me by two years but he is much more mature:)
What time do you usually feel your absolute best/most energetic/most productive?
-Usually from about 6:30-11:30 each day.