1. All five of us (well, 6 because Beretta was there too) were together again yesterday which felt so good because we have been missing Knox for five days. Also, Skye is really improving in her selfie game each week.
2. My Wednesday morning included a 5 mile easy run. It was done in the rain and my legs were feeling each and every one of my 1000m repeats from the day before so I kept it nice and easy and just went into autopilot for the miles. PS one of my most used pieces of running gear is this vest that I got years ago… During the fall, winter and spring I wear it a few times a week. It keeps me warm while keeping my arms free and moving. Any other lovers of the running vest?
3. Tuesday I did some pre-hab while Brooke watched Balto and while Skye stared at me wondering what the heck I was doing. I probably should have spent some of that time cleaning the house but I didn’t and instead did this pelvic floor/glute workout from HERE!
4. As you know, I’m a huge fan of extremely easy dinners and this was one of them. Tuesday night I put chicken and buffalo sauce into the crockpot and made a delicious topping for some brown rice, cheese and roasted broccoli. Simple, filling and something that everyone would eat (Brooke doesn’t like heat so she just had plain chicken).
5. And a few hours later we had a cereal date. Our cereal dates lately have been happening once all of the kids are asleep and we just sit there and talk and eat the delicious combination of carbohydrates and milk
6. Does anybody else have a dog that loves the trampoline? When Beretta is in the backyard she gave up on her dog bed and just gets up on the tramp and lays on there instead. She always jumps on when the kids are on there too!
7. I have a new goal that I’ve been working on a lot. To PLAY. I’ve been really focusing on playing more with the big kids and I think it is benefiting me more than them;) I think I got out of the habit of playing more while pregnant with Skye since I felt so sick all of the time. I’m not one that loves to play dolls etc but I really love doing active things (tramp, running around, tag etc), doing art or playing games with them so I’m focusing on doing some of that each day. It’s easy for me to sit back and just watch them do these things but I’m getting out and joining them and my brain is loving it.
7. I’ve talked to you about my leg dimples HERE (it doesn’t matter how many miles I run or what my weight is… I’ve got that cottage cheese and I’m pretty sure a lot of women do even if the media tells us otherwise) but I’ve started to notice it more at different times on the front of my legs now too. Every time I do a downward dog (I’ve been doing yoga at home a lot to get in that stretching) I see those dimples all over my quads. Just a nice reminder over here that I not only have those dimples in the back but I’ve got some in the front too and that is a-okay. It’s normal and don’t let the world make you think any differently. These quads with some dimples are going to carry me to a sub 3 marathon someday soon.
8. We hit up Costco yesterday and did our usual share some ice cream as we walked around. The kids chose churros and of course I took some mom/step-mom tax from those too and they were delicious.
9. There is a park that we go to every now and then that is filled with ducks. It’s exciting.
10. I give them three years before they are passing me by when they run. I can’t believe how fast they can get those little legs of theirs to move!
12. We go through more boxes of Kodiak Cakes than 99.999% of the human population.
13. Our dinner last night included a salad mix (from Costco) along with a turkey burger with guac and bbq sauce. I was still hungry after this meal so I had some of the kid’s chicken nuggets.
*Bonus* I’ve shared this quote before from one of my favorite running books ever but I felt like I should share it again. It’s just a really good reminder for all of us… we are all in different seasons with our training, our goals, our race schedules and whether or not we are running at this time but none of that matters, we are all runners.
What would you say is your most used piece of running equipment/gear/clothing?
What is your favorite running book?
What food product does your household go through at an alarming rate?
What’s a goal that you have been working on lately?