We tried the new Whole30 meals that Blue Apron is offering! I’m excited to show you these meals today along with a great deal, at the end of the post, so you can try them too! I’ve also got 10 random thoughts that have been floating around my brain lately to talk about too. This post is sponsored!
I was very excited to try the Blue Apron Whole30 approved meals recently because I had never tried a Whole30 meal and I wanted to check it out for myself. I knew the Whole30 meals were going to taste delicious and make us feel great—> the Whole30 program is based around eating whole, nutrient-dense food, lots of veggies/fruits, natural healthy fats, herbs spices and seasonings. It isn’t about calorie counting, tracking, weighting or caloric restriction but more about helping people to feel better. It’s not a weight loss plan either but it is meant to be a reset for your cravings/digestion/immune system! Blue Apron is offering two Whole30 Meals per week through the end of February (order cut off is 6 days beforehand each week)! If you want to try these out make sure to either select the 2-Person (2 meals/week) to receive only Whole30 Meals or select the 2-Person (3 meals/week) to receive two Whole30 Meals plus an additional Blue Apron meal (not Whole30)… we did the second option!
We have been rocking it this year at trying new things so far… I’m proud:)
Skye is now very thrilled to be in the picture with the refrigerated box that shows up on our doorstep from Blue Apron. Soon she will understand that this box is very important to me because it brings us farm-fresh ingredients in all of the right proportions to make some new meals. It also means I don’t have to go to the grocery store which is a win for everyone:)
The first Whole30 meal that we tried was the Steaks & Warm Lemon Salsa Verde with Roasted Sweet Potato & Broccoli. Blue Apron sends you everything you need to create delicious meals and they are constantly adding new recipes and dishes to their menu each week!
My two absolute favorite things to roast.
Skye snoozed away in my arms while we ate this meal. It was so delicious! The warm salsa verde that topped the steak made the steak taste amazing! It was the first time I have ever eaten a steak without adding any bbq sauce to it ha:) It was way more flavorful than I expected!
The second meal that we made was the Chicken & Orange-Kale Salad and this one was my favorite. I want it on repeat now.
We asked the kids to massage the kale but they weren’t too thrilled about that idea…
So Andrew did it instead:)
If you are wondering about prices for Blue Apron, they start as low as $8.99 per serving and you can skip or cancel your service at any time!
Look how fresh everything is! Just by looking at the salad I knew it was going to be my favorite.
This salad was insanely good. I loved the spicy tahini dressing that you make for the salad. I want to make it for all of my salads now. The meal was filling, the potatoes were crisp (you roast them) and I LOVED the juicy orange bites.
Thank you Blue Apron for helping us hit our goals for this year, to eat healthier meals at home!
Overall, Andrew and I were both VERY impressed with the Whole30 meals that we tried! They were filling, very flavorful and full of nutrients! It was just what these two sleep deprived parents needed to boost up there energy levels! Try it out and let me know what you think.
Time for some random thoughts/things that I’ve wanted to share with you lately!
1. We now eat dinner even earlier than our normal early bird special. We realized that Skye gets a bit grumpy at a certain time so now there are days that we are eating dinner when most people are eating an afternoon snack. I don’t mind it one bit.
2. I was congratulating myself for doing a great workout the other day because my abs were sore… nope, I then realized I hadn’t done any core workouts and it was just from having a cough last week.
3. People say running is a cheap sport but I really don’t think it is. Among many things that we spend our money on to do what we love doing, running makes us VERY hungry and eating food all of the time adds up. Anyone agree with this?
4. The other day I told Andrew that I was excited because we have almost known each other for two years now… he replied that means we have almost been married two years now too;) Basically he was teasing me that we got married two seconds after knowing each other. When you know, you know!
5. The night that Skye slept for 6 hours and 50 minutes 1.5 weeks ago was the first time I had a dream (that I remembered in forever). Andrew and I used to always tell each other what dreams we had each morning when we woke up but now, neither of us remember them because the whole night is a big blur, ha.
6. Our middle names—> Mine is Nicole, Andrew’s is Truman, Knox’s is Truman, Brooke’s is Lin and Skye’s is Jo!
7. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be lasagna, Andrew’s would be pizza, Brooke chose sprinkles, Knox answered chocolate and Skye chose milk.
8. One of my absolute favorite parts of the day is washing my face at night. Maybe it is because I know I am just seconds away from being in my bed or because it just feels so good to wash the face off. Every night at 8:41 just smile knowing that I am happily washing my face.
9. Andrew informed me that people don’t like their feet scratched… both of us love having our feet scratched. Are we weirdos? I love the feeling of my feet being tickled.
10. Andrew found a solution to one of our problems… whenever we are leaving the house I always say that I am ready to go and then suddenly find 15 things I need to do before I actually leave. So now, when I say I am ready to go he turns the alarm on and walks out to the car which means I have 60 seconds to be out of the house in order to not set the alarm off. We are on time a lot more often to things now.
Want to see how delicious and easy Whole30 recipes can be?? The first 50 people to sign up for Blue Apron will get $40 off your first two weeks!
Have a middle name? If yes, what is it?
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Do you like your feet scratched?
Have you ever tried Whole30 or Whole30 meals?