Good morning! I hope your day is off to a fabulous start. I’ve got 12 things that I am absolutely loving right now and thought I would share them with you today. This post is sponsored by Alice. Don’t forget to check out the end of the post for something FREE:)
1. Wanna know something that has made my nighttime feedings with Skye really fun? It has kept me awake, excited (I’ll spare you a nighttime feeding picture and share ones from during the day instead;) and sometimes I keep playing even after Skye has fallen asleep ha—> Alice is a new game that I started playing and I was instantly hooked! It is so much fun and I never get bored because there are so many different levels, quests and challenges included! If you liked Candy Crush then you will love this one because it is a lot like it!
Time flies by when I’m playing Alice and it makes hanging out on the recliner at 3 a.m. a blast ha! I think Alice has an awesome design, it is bright, the graphics are amazing and my goal is to collect all of the main characters. Alice includes a bunch of the characters from Alice in Wonderland (March Hare, the Hatter, the White Queen, the Cheshire Cat and others) which means Brooke loves watching me play it too! You can play this game with your friends and share rewards—> for all of January they are giving away extra balloons if you link the game to your Facebook account!
Join me in playing Alice (hopefully not in the middle of the night like me;) this month! Let me know what levels you get to and what rewards you earn!
2. I’ve told you all about how I’m making strength training a huge priority over here right!? I am starting out with these resistance exercise bands to get things going. My running coach told me to get these years ago (ehhh… sorry coach;). I can’t wait to get going on these this year with everything from squats to clamshells to donkey kicks! 2018 is for getting strong (and staying injury free)!
3. My favorite beanie on the planet. I’ve tried a lot over the years in Utah and this beanie wins for me (for every day use/going out at night… not for skiing though). I LOVE the colors that they offer and they are so soft! My other favorite beanies are these!
4. A few of you have asked about where I get Skye’s bows from! Little Poppy Co—> each month they send you a three pack of bows that go with any holidays that are in that month too. I get so excited when we get a new pack.
5. We made the easiest treat the other night for our family night that I saw online. The kids had a blast helping me make it too! We just put a layer of chocolate chips on the bottom and then a bunch of marshmallows on top! I cooked it for about 10ish minutes @ 375 degrees and then we dipped graham crackers into it! The easiest s’more you will ever make… next time we will try it with Reese’s PB cups on the bottom:)
6. This one has two…
a. I finally (like a year later than everyone else) got the Run Fast, Eat Slow cookbook and I’m loving it. I should have bought this when it first came out!
b. Andrew got this book for me as kind of a joke for Christmas (at least I hope it was a joke;) but it is a fun read for this stage of life. Andrew and I are really trying to make sure to spend some time each day, just the two of us talking (about things other than kids too) and doing a ‘date night’ one night a week (at home). Kids sure make life crazy but remembering to make time and effort for our relationship is SO important right now.
7. I’ve had a few people recommend these to me and for $6.99 at Costco you really can’t not try it (or you can get them here). They are perfect for a base layer under your running gear or life gear. Beyond soft and they keep you nice and cozy. I was able to use them for a few runs before having Skye and they kept me really warm.
8. Andrew gave me some really pretty boots as a pre-Christmas present (now we just need more snow to go with it)! I’m obsessed with them!
9. Another favorite Christmas present—> this necklace! Andrew knows I love simple jewelry so when I opened this one with the word run on it, I was very excited.
10. We are always searching for new shows to watch together and Andrew suggested Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It is hilarious. Just add it to my list of shows I really love.
11. My reward for taking 6 weeks off from running after having Skye to allow my body time to really heal and recover—> running shoes are the best kind of reward right?! Beautiful Launch 4s. They are $65 right now and I think they are going to be with me during some great races this year.
12. These organizing bags!! You get 6 of them for $12 and they make it so much easier to keep my purse/diaper bag much more organized!! They are great for travel and keeping snacks all together in one place. I’m hooked.
What are some things that you are LOVING right now?
What are you reading right now? Did you get any good books for Christmas?
How do you dress for a really cold run? Tell me about the layers, the gloves, the hats… any good recommendations?
Are you a jewelry person… daily? What do you usually wear?