My best runs happen when I get to go with Andrew! We did 5 miles together with one walking break and a 9:21 average pace (not including the walking break).
I told you about this on Instagram, but there was a teenage girl that said to me, ‘You Go Girl’ while we were running and it made my morning:) It reminded me of this older man that I used to see while I would be out running when I was pregnant with Brooke and he would always give me a high five. Humans are really nice.
When you can’t take shoe selfies together anymore… you can at least still kind of see that we have matching shoes ha.
Post-run fuel… Dave’s Killer Bread, avocado, bacon and an egg. Delicious.
Rewind to the beginning of the day—> Brooke wakes up just as excited about life as I do. Night time is a different story for both of us, but luckily Andrew (and Knox;) have adjusted to us having the most energy in the early morning!
Brooke has been saving her money for this pony necklace and she finally earned it. She was so excited to show it to her friends at school yesterday.
Lunch was a mixture of pancakes for me and oatmeal for Brooke (she is really into oatmeal lately)!
Brooke has been asking me about getting edamame for a few days now so we stopped by Costco to get some… AND THEY DIDN’T HAVE IT (I swear they always do). So we got heavenly raspberries and a new blanket instead. Pretty much the same thing.
Brooke took a picture with her little sister (that is sure fun for me to say).
And we met the sweetest pup while we were out on a little walk.
At around 4 pm I NEEDED (it definitely wasn’t a want… it was a FULL. ON. NEED.) salmon salad from my favorite place for dinner. We arrived and it was closed. I almost cried.
But I persevered and showed that running has taught me to never quit… and I went back an hour later to get my salmon salad. I also had that vanilla shake that Andrew brought home in the background from In-N-Out (the one menu item there that I find to be exceptional… the Neapolitan shake is really good too)!
And Brooke was able to have her edamame (now to just find it at a store).
Andrew put up our Christmas lights. We are trying to get as many things done now as possible so that all of these things will be done before the baby gets here!
I’ve got a few things we really need to discuss today:
1. If you need something to listen to on your run today… I’m over on Monica’s podcast. She is the best and her podcast is the best. She and I talk almost every day and I just think the world of her and wish she would just move to Utah already. You can find the podcast HERE!!!!
2. Kristine asked for a comparison of size between the Suunto and the Apple Watch (mine is the 1st generation) on my Suunto review post… so here you have it! Please note the time on my watch… this is when I was getting into bed ha. I read and watched a show with Andrew before falling asleep… I haven’t been napping anymore but getting into bed early isn’t going anywhere before this baby comes. Also, please note… I wear socks to bed and I love it.
3. I read this and it gave me goosebumps. I hope you know this too… YOU ARE ENOUGH!
4. A nice reminder from Hansons Half Marathon Method (one of my absolute favorite books about running) about how important fats are for our training (along with how important they are for our best health)! Excited to work on a more balanced diet after this pregnancy to support breastfeeding and training!
5. The other thing I got at Costco yesterday… go now. These are incredibly soft blankets for only $14.99! Perfect for gifts and obviously perfect for yourself too.
6. My pre-run fuel was this yesterday. Andrew isn’t a banana flavored person unless it is a banana/chocolate shake so this box is all mine.. thanks General Mills for the cereal:).
7. Can you relate with any of these 10 runner’s problems… I definitely can. (You can make the video fullscreen, so you can see it better.. it’s pretty funny)!
8. I’m almost all caught up on New Girl now. I don’t know if I should be proud of this accomplishment or not;) Watching New Girl while munching on corn bread in bed = a great combination.
Socks to bed… yes or NO?!?
What arm do you wear your running watch on? I’m left handed but still wear it on my left wrist, Andrew is also left handed but wears his on his right. Also, do 2 lefties make a lefty… interested to see if our little girl is a left or right-handed!
When do Christmas lights go up at your place?!
What is on the schedule for your workout today? I want to hear all about it!!