Thank you to my treadmill for making it possible to still get in a nice workout on mornings where it isn’t possible for me to run outside. This pic is from a few days ago but yesterday I was able to jump on my Nordictrack X22i (I was provided the product and compensation in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion!) for 4 miles of running + 1 mile of walking. This treadmill is going to play a huge role in my coming back to training next year! I foresee many mile repeats, long runs, hills, fartleks, tempos and easy miles (and I can’t wait for all of the cardio and strength training workouts that this treadmill offers from personal trainers on the 22-inch screen) happening here when (based completely on how my body recovers and what’s best for our family:) I start training for races again.
I watched the Meb documentary I was telling you about yesterday during my run and it was SO good. If you need something to watch on your next treadmill run, I highly recommend his documentary (and not just because Meb and I are friends… I am positive I have snuck this picture below onto the blog at least two dozen times;). It was really inspiring and left me crying during a few spots.
If you are anything like me, catching up on your favorite shows or watching documentaries is one of your favorite things to do on the treadmill. I love it because I get two things done at once and don’t feel as bad about spending time in the morning watching tv… because running while watching tv feels much more productive for me;) Outside of my normal tv shows that I’m obsessed with (This Is Us, Parenthood, Friends, Gilmore Girls), I have a few shows to watch while I run that really inspire me. Almost all of these are documentaries.. I love learning about real people:
1. The Barkley Marathon on Netflix! These people are beyond amazing… I can’t even imagine doing this race.
2. The Jenny Simpson documentary Transcend that you can find here…REALLY GOOD. The 2 episodes are available for free:)
3. Spirit of the Marathon (I just rented it on Netflix one time to watch on my longer run on my treadmill).
4. A Ballerina’s Tale (about Misty Copeland) on Netflix! While this isn’t about running… the ups and downs she experiences are very relatable for any sport! Her drive and determination is incredible!
5. Run for your Life! Perfect for today, this one is all about the New York City Marathon! You can rent it for $2 on amazon (PS I just rent them onto my iPad and watch them)!
6. Kara Goucher: Driven (I love anything with Kara in it:)! You have to get an account for this one but here is the link!
7. Breaking2 Documentary on youtube HERE! It is about 55 minutes long and really interesting!
8. McFarland (you can also rent this on Amazon)! This cross-country team is beyond inspiring!
9. Running the Sahara on Netflix
10. LIFE IN A DAY (The Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run)… I put it in this post. A little over an hour and these women are something else!
Actual picture from yesterday’s treadmill run. Bumpin.
It was just the three of us yesterday! After my run, Saturday chores (oh how I disliked those growing up and swore I would never make my kids do those when I was a mom… and now I always make them do it:) and getting ready, we headed out to a few places.
First, we went to the library to get some new books… looks like I will be learning all about Drones.
While we were out we saw that a bakery was giving out free slices of cake because it was their birthday!
We then met my mom at Chick-Fil-A. The kids played while we talked—> perfect. I still can’t handle chick-fil-a sauce because I think I ate too much of it during my first trimester and now I’m worried I can never eat it again.
A few more errands in the rain and then we went home to hang out for the rest of the day!
For dinner I made this Turkey and Fresh Veggie Chili and it was amazing. I highly recommend it, plus it is really simple to make!
Cheese and cilantro on top!
And then a few bites in and Andrew had the idea to add avocado which was delicious, so do that too if you make this! I’m already looking forward to the leftovers today… maybe even for breakfast!?
With a lot of garlic bread on the side because I love bread with all of my heart right now.
The kids went to bed early because they displayed every symptom possible of needing to go to bed early…. so we caught up on the Good Doctor (SUCH a good show).
And to end the day, 4 random things to tell you!
*My current favorite snack… Andrew picked up these yogurts at Costco. They taste delicious + some fruit and I’m all set to go!
*One of my friend’s on Facebook posted this advice the other day and Andrew told me that it is the perfect advice for our marriage too:) I’m still a little upset over my dream from this last Tuesday night.
*GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE running the New York City Marathon today! I cannot wait to watch and cheer you all on (and I better get to hear all about it)! You can watch it here—> http://abc7ny.com/live/
A nice little picture of me and barleshambone right before the marathon started. We bumped into each other while waiting in our corrals and then ended up running the entire 26.2 miles together and talking the entire time. I highly recommend doing a marathon like that one day.
*Happy Daylight Savings:)
What are your favorite things to watch either while running or about running?
What is your current favorite go-to snack?
Did you get an extra hour of sleep today or no?
What is your Sunday going to be filled with?