Good morning! I hope your day is off to a great start! I’m sharing something with you today that we found and will be using with our new little one (that will be here in a little over a month)! This post is sponsored by SpoonfulOne—> I can’t wait to tell you all about this!
These two are sure good at practicing being a big brother and big sister!
The countdown is on! We are getting closer and closer to meeting our new little addition and turning this family of five (yes, I’m counting Beretta) into a family of six! After Andrew and I started talking about trying to have a baby, I started dreaming about her.
I want to share 10 reasons why I am so incredibly excited to meet her.
1. I am so excited to experience all of her firsts with Andrew. Whether that be her first bath, first smile, first steps, first everything… I can’t wait to do this with Andrew and to see him be such an amazing Dad to this little one.
2. To be given the opportunity to be her mama. To be given the chance to love her, teach her, care for her and learn from her. Also, in a year or so to have another little voice to call me mama… I can’t wait.
3. I cannot wait for that first time that I will hold her, skin to skin, after having her. I remember that being one of my most sacred experiences ever when I had Brooke and I am so excited to be able to do that again.
4. Tiny baby feet. Oh and the smell of a new baby. I can’t forget, the feeling of soft baby skin and their little coo’s. Between Andrew and me, I’m not sure she will ever be without one of us holding her, ha!
5. We cannot wait to see her little personality. What she likes along with plenty of things I’m sure she won’t like;) I am so excited to see the amazing things her little personality is going to bring to our family.
6. I am so excited to be a new mom again. To learn, grow and strengthen together as a family as we take care of her! I feel like I am starting from the beginning all over again (Brooke was a baby so long ago) and I can’t wait to see our family come together with this new addition.
7. To hold her while I am in the glider in her nursery. I can’t tell you how many times I have just sat in the glider thinking about what it will feel like to hold her there at all times of the day and night.
8. I am so excited to see what she looks like. I’ve spent most of this year just wondering and guessing what she will look like and I can’t wait to finally see that face of hers. I am pretty sure I spend the majority of each run just thinking about what she will be like.
9. For our people to meet her, to share pictures (and her name) with you and especially for our parents to meet her and add to their list of grandchildren (#24 for my parents and #23 for Andrew’s parents)!
10. I cannot wait to see these two with her. While there are going to be some changes and adjustments, I know that Brooke and Knox are going to absolutely adore her. I can’t wait to see them hold her, love her and teach her all of the things that they have learned in life over the last five years:) I can’t wait to see how they interact with her… I think there are going to be quite a lot of tears of gratitude as I see them together!
Oh and two more pictures of our kiddos from our family pictures a few weeks ago!
I could probably list a million more reasons why we can’t wait to meet her but we will stop there (and I’ll probably share the rest each day as we get closer to meeting her).
Andrew and I talk often about all of the little things we want to do with her, how we want to parent her, love her completely and how we feel so lucky to get the chance to raise her together! We want to be able to give her the best start possible (don’t all parents:)?! Something I want to share with you today is one of the ways we will be doing this—> with SpoonfulOne! SpoonfulOne is something that we will be using early and often with our little ____ (ps no one has guessed her name yet!). It is something that I truly believe is a product that will help so many families to gently train their little one’s immune system to all of the common foods that could potentially become allergens.
This right here is exactly what made me SO interested in learning about SpoonfulOne:
I sure didn’t know this before and I have been so excited to learn more as we prepare for this growing little human in my uterus—> The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology recommended that babies begin eating foods from all commonly allergenic food categories around 4 to 6 months of age, and the science and recent studies have only continued to support this finding!
SpoonfulOne is a daily food mix-in that does exactly what I’m talking about! Each SpoonfulOne packet includes gentle portions of the common foods that could potentially become allergens! We aren’t just talking about nut allergies with this (77% of people with a food allergy are allergic to something other than peanuts) but SO MANY of the other different common foods that could be an allergen for your baby. Introducing these foods early and often to our little ones can be so important for their immune system… plus including a variety of foods daily for our kiddos is key in building a strong nutritional foundation for them!
My dad has been severely allergic to eggs (his stomach reacts immediately if he has any now) since he was very young. Food allergies are so difficult for anyone that experiences them. I have many friends with children with food allergies too! I was so excited to learn about SpoonfulOne and how I can use it to gradually train her immune system with the foods responsible for most food allergies.
When can you start using this? —> 4-6 months, when your little one is starting to eat solid foods! (Using early and consistently is the key for including these common foods that can potentially become allergens).
SpoonfulOne is made completely of real foods (no preservatives, artificial sweeteners, flavors or dyes) and it comes in the most convenient little single-serve packets. Each packet includes a gentle portion of the different common foods to gradually train their immune system daily, including vitamin D for immune balance! You can easily grab these packets on the go and add them to the food your child loves! Including these different types of food EARLY in our little one’s life can be SO important to help them to have a happy immune system!
As we start introducing foods to our little girl over the next year, I am so excited to work towards setting a healthy foundation for her! SpoonfulOne is such an easy way for us to include allergenic foods into each day of her nutrition!
Important stuff—> SpoonfulOne was created by a Stanford pediatrician, allergist and mother of five! It has also been proven safe (for the introduction and long-term use at home) for infants in an independent, nationwide study! There are so many different things that I am so excited to do with her and things I think about doing to give her a healthy start and SpoonfulOne is one I am very excited about!
I cannot wait to share this next stage of life with you guys! I always think about how crazy it is that we’ve chatted on the internet about all of these different stages of life over the last years! Family, running and tangents have always been the constant and I really am so excited for you to meet this new little girl!
PS I’ll add another one to my list of things that I can’t wait for: To have all three kids match at church! Brooke and the baby will be in the same type of dress and Knox will have a matching tie! PPS Knox asks a few times a week about when he will be getting a little brother;)
****Learn more about how to gently introduce common food allergens to YOUR child’s immune system with SpoonfulOne! (Be sure to check with your pediatrician before using any new product.) Over on my Instagram I have a giveaway going on for a 12-month supply of SpoonfulOne! Head on over to enter!!!
Anyone have food allergies? What about your people… do any of them have food allergies? To what?
What is something that you are doing today to give YOURSELF a healthy start for the day?!
What is the best part of your Tuesday going to be?
Who has a December birthday (or has a kid with a December birthday)!? I want to know just in case I have her on the same day as your birthday!