Good morning! I hope your week is off to a great start. The highlight of my day yesterday was a shopping trip with my mom to go look at baby stuff. I’m feeling more and more ready for this little girl to get here and Brooke loves being involved in the process of ’nesting’!
A few things to discuss from my run yesterday:
1. When I do my entire run outside (like I did yesterday) I now run to a park that has a loop around it and run there… because they have a restroom and I am positive that at this point in pregnancy my bladder is the size of a Cheerio.
2. Long story short… the other day I accidentally left my wireless headphones on the grass of a park. I realized the next morning that they were missing so I went searching for them and boom, they were still there and I felt so beyond lucky. The real magic was that they still worked too after being outside overnight in the freezing temps (and maybe even some sprinklers during the day). I lucked out. I lose a lot of things and need to work on that.
3. Annie recommended the podcast, Real Talk with Nicole Antionette (the episode with Lauren Freshman), for me to listen to and it was SO good. Lauren said that she would be fired for how many naps she has taken during her second pregnancy if she worked for somebody else and I am pretty sure I would be too with this pregnancy. It was so refreshing to hear Lauren’s experience with pregnancy/life/everything because this stuff is hard (not for every pregnancy and every person but it is for a lot)! She made me feel more normal:)
4. While running I realized that from now until the baby is born is pretty much exactly how long Andrew and I dated for—> Just about 8 weeks (from first date to marriage:)
5. My battery died on my watch yesterday but because runners know exact distances to their home from anywhere within a few miles (and I know the distance of the loop I was doing at the park too)… I had my own little brain GPS going. I finished with around 7.3 miles but I have no idea what my pace was because the lack of a watch.
6. I saw this on IG… This is a great thing to think about when I am wanting to quit during a hard workout/long run etc. Sure there is pain that comes along with the fast workouts or getting out of bed to run when we don’t want to but I like that kind of pain a lot more than the pain that comes from not doing the work to reach our goals. So if you need a new thing to think about when the going gets tough on your run, think about which pain is worse for you…
I came home to find Brooke working on some homework (she sure missed school during fall break).
Later on in the afternoon we went to the park for a little bit…
And then she zonked out (too much partying with Knox the last few days) for our doctor’s appointment. The baby is doing great and growing like a champ. These appointments every two weeks seem to come fast now!
We were both pretty exhausted after the doctor’s appointment too. Early evening is rough…
Andrew put together dinner and made this stroganoff (with turkey instead of beef) and it hit the spot. Pasta tends to do that for me these days.
Followed by frozen Andes mints. There are certain candies that I think taste even better frozen and this is one of them. Other candy that is delicious frozen: Milky Way, Charleston Chews, Junior Mints, Swedish Fish (I might be the only person that thinks this) and pb cups.
Of course, I have to share a few things from our Sunday to share too!
Maybe just our kids are like this but they actually enjoy being tickled. Being tickled is one of my least favorite things on the planet but our kids love it… any other kids like this?
We went over to my sister’s house for dinner and she made her BBQ pizza (our kids just have cheese pizza there because they do not have my extreme obsession for bbq sauce).
My sister asked us to bring dessert and I couldn’t make up my mind on what to bring so I brought two things. One that I knew my dad would love (pumpkin cookies with cinnamon chips ((we used butterscotch chips because we couldn’t find cinnamon chips)),
And one I knew I would love (apples are life to me right now)! I used this apple crisp recipe (the recipe has a lot of sugar which I think it doesn’t actually need but overall it tasted great).
My sister’s older kids got back from their Dad’s house a little bit before dessert which Brooke was thrilled about:) This might not make sense but I am really grateful that Brooke and Knox have each other and other kids in their lives that also ‘get’ the blended family stuff. I know it isn’t easy for them to do the back and forth stuff but I feel really lucky that they have a great little support system even if they are all young!
PS we don’t have both kids this weekend and Andrew will be gone at a lab for a good chunk of the weekend so I am just going to go ahead and say that I will probably sleep a lot this weekend;)
The winner of my 7 year blogiversary giveaway thanks to random.org is:
Two very important food related debates that Andrew and I have been having and I would love to hear your opinion (and help us settle these arguments):
When you buy bread, do you put it in the pantry or the fridge?
-I always put it in the fridge but Andrew thinks that it goes in the pantry.
Almond Joys: Delicious or the opposite of delicious?
-I think delicious, Andrew thinks they are awful.
Ever freeze candy (or other things that most people don’t normally freeze but you think it is delicious)? What?
Ever lost anything important on a run? Ever find anything cool on a run?