1. It was just the two of us (ehhh technically 3 of us;) yesterday so I did my normal ‘try to do something fun with the kids etc until I run out of energy at 4 pm and then we color/watch movies/eat until bedtime’ thing;)
2. Andrew left for the hospital really early. Once I finally gathered enough motivation, I jumped on the treadmill (picture taken a bit later… I forgot to take one in the first place). I hit 41 miles this past week for my running and I’m looking forward to a rest day today! This next week will probably be a bit lower mileage because I’m going on my annual girls trip… we mainly only run if it is to a donut shop and back;)
3. Right after my run we went to the Farmer’s Market and purchased our first headbands for the baby:) Brooke is pretty proud of her new bracelet too!
4. We each picked out a treat while we were there. This mango juice was heavenly. I’m just prepping for my glucose test in a few weeks with large amounts of sugar in a cup.
5. After the Farmer’s Market, my mom joined us for a once a year activity…
6. Yep, a pool in Utah has a puppy pool party each year right before they close the pool for the summer!
7. I swear there were hundreds of dogs running around so my anxiety was high making sure we didn’t lose Beretta but both Brooke and the dog were in heaven.
8. This dog could play fetch for hours without stopping.
9. After multiple showers (all three of us ha) and enchilada leftover eating… This felt like complete heaven. Brooke watched Mulan for her first time ever so that was a big deal.
10. We kept going with our coloring together theme…
11. And then we finally left the house again (Brooke’s expression shows that she may have been experiencing cabin fever and this was her excitement about doing something ha) to go get the car washed…
12. And to pick up this for me to eat in bed while I read once Brooke goes to sleep. Not sure how just one M&M got in there but it sure tasted good. This might be the first time I’ve had froyo in about 6 months! The old me used to have froyo 10 times a week… not anymore but it did sound good last night!
13. When we got home we found that Beretta had somehow gotten this bowl from the counter to the ground (without breaking it?!?) and ate the tortilla chips that were in there. Brooke wasn’t too thrilled about it.
14. She’s going to be a good big sister to a baby….
15. Then Andrew came home and he was exhausted (nurses and others that do 12+ (he has a longer commute too) hour shifts.. you are amazing!) but we got to hang out for a bit before he does this again today!
Have any Labor Day plans? I would love to hear what you are doing!
What are you having for your Sunday morning breakfast?
People with dogs… do your dogs love the water or not so much?
-If Beretta could live in the water and play fetch all day she would.