I could really get used to this chilly morning thing over here… IT FEELS SO GOOD.
My miles started on the treadmill because it was dark (3 miles @ 9:40 pace) and then finished up my run outside (4 miles @ 9:04 pace). With each month that it stays darker for longer my miles will increase on the treadmill and Andrew told me I’m not allowed to run outside if there is any ice… I think that is a brilliant idea. It is not worth the chance of slipping on the ice!
Another school day! Thankfully;) Labor Day was rough last week because Brooke did not like the idea of it being a Monday and her not being at school. We have a few more Monday holidays this year to explain to her;)
Lunch salad… chicken, cucumbers, peppers, apples, grapes and poppyseed dressing.
+ dessert after. The kids make a mean cookie.
Yesterday, in the comments Maureen said she was going to pick apples. It reminded me of one of my FAVORITE things to do… raspberry picking! We go to McBride Briar Patch and they are the best. We will be eating raspberries for days!
They send you out with some buckets tied around your neck or waist and then you go for it. Brooke picked 1.6 lbs of raspberries (not counting her samples along the way.. they let you do that) all by herself and she didn’t want to leave when we were all done.
Knox liked it too but he had more important things to do like finding different animals to hang out with.
Turns out she is a professional berry picker. Maybe we need some raspberry bushes in our backyard.
There have been a few things that
1. HAHAHA Yep. Is this one of your favorite compliments too? When have you received this compliment? I most often get this comment when people see me running during the winter or when they hear what time I wake up for a race.
2. My sister made these praline sticky buns and oh my goodness. They were SO good. She used the dough she gets from Sam’s Club (at the food court) for the dough and this recipe for the topping (although, she didn’t add the kosher salt and used light brown sugar instead of dark). It was also eggless so my dad could have it!
3. He is currently their hero. The first person on Knox’s birthday party list is my nephew.
4. The kids came into our room on Sunday after seeing a spider. The two of them had quite the different perception of the size of the spider. Knox’s perception was a bit more accurate.
5. I saw this picture and it reminded me of the many times that running has caused complete nests of snarls in my hair. The next time I do a marathon will somebody please remind me to braid my hair the week leading up to the race?
6. If you have read my blog for many years then you remember my complete obsession with Swedish Fish. 1/3 of my caloric intake came from these (slight exaggeration) and for each holiday I received them. I am sad to say I tried some the other day (it’s been like a year or more since I last had them) and I do not understand anymore why I loved them so much.
7. Erica sent this to me to put in my kitchen… yes, this is a daily apology for me right now.
8. I absolutely ADORE this quote that Candice posted!
9. Knox sure enjoyed his raspberries in the car:)
10. Oh no, I think we might all be allergic to running… dang it!
12. I was thinking about it on my run and I wanted to hear your thoughts on this too… What things are in your fitness comfort zone and what things are not in your fitness comfort zone?
-For me… In my comfort zone: running in a straight line, trails, treadmill, strength training at home (strength training at the gym is more intimidating for me unless my sister is there telling me what to do), spin classes, Megan’s bootcamp class (I need to get back to those again). Out of my comfort zone: A new type of fitness class that I’ve never really tried before, crossfit was for me personally, sometimes yoga (I like doing it at home best) and pretty much anything that takes coordination or remembering a certain choreography:)
Things that used to be out of my fitness comfort zone but are now some of my favorites: Running with other people (I was TERRIFIED of doing that years ago), running easy (my brain told me that I had to push myself to the max pretty much every day) and rest days (another thing I didn’t love before but now are a big part of my training cycles).
Has anyone ever said, ‘you are crazy’ when it comes to your running? Why?
What things are in your fitness comfort zone and what things are not in your fitness comfort zone?
Do you have any running stickers on your car?
Have any candy/treats that you used to be obsessed over but now you aren’t so much?