1. I woke up yesterday feeling a lot better so I joined Andrew for a gym date. By gym date I mean we walked in together and did our own workouts and then walked out together ha:)
2. I walked on the treadmill for a mile, did a few strength training moves and then finished up with another mile walk. It was exactly what I needed… a little movement but just the right amount. My glutes are going to feel nice and sore today from the Jane Fonda’s with an extra 5 lb weight:) I haven’t been to the gym in forever!
3. I broke my headphones and I’ve lost every other pair of headphones that I have ever owned (someday I’ll be responsible with things that I continue to lose over and over again) so I grabbed a pair of Andrew’s wireless headphones. They were the Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds and they reminded me how nice wireless headphones are. I can’t wait to try running with these.
4. Clearly an amazing way to refuel after a workout:) Aebleskivers… one cinnamon sugar, one with fresh peaches, two with raspberry jam and one with caramel.
5. We decided to take full advantage of the farmer’s market because it will only be going on for a few more weeks!
6. We walked around for a while, Knox asked every dog owner there if he could pet there dog and he also made some friends along the way too:) He is the friendliest.
7. Besides the aebleskivers and a fancy rock that Knox picked up we left with a huge bag of peaches and the best salsa (it is pineapple salsa… I’m all about fruit in my salsa) I’ve ever had.
8. While we were there we ran into one of our friends that is a big time foodie (he also ran a 100 miler last month!!!). We asked him to tell us what he thinks is the best Mexican restaurant in our area and he sent us to Doña Mary Mexican Grill for the burritos. We called up my parents because we wanted them to experience this goodness with us and my dad said his California burrito was the best burrito of his life. I had the shrimp and steak burrito and our friend was right, it was beyond good.
9. After lunch we stopped by Mer’s house (my grandma) to catch up on everything, play with her dogs and watch the BYU game.
10. From there I went straight into resting mode for the rest of the day. I took a 90 minute nap… it was one of those naps that when you wake up you swear it is morning time and that you just slept for 8 hours. It was a good nap.
A picture of Andrew and Knox watching Michael Jackson music videos. We’ve been listening to MJ non-stop around here.
11. Dinner. I need to eat some vegetables today.
12. Just a little reading from Remarkably Average Parenting. 12 Ways that Pregnant Women are like Toddlers.
13. Monica’s post yesterday made me laugh so hard… I’ve purposely tried to not go to Target as often as I used to go to save $200 each time;)
14. Brooke is having a great weekend with her dad! They are celebrating her birthday this weekend… nothing like a month long bday celebration. Just how it should be in my opinion:)
15. My niece had her very first cross-country race! It was two miles and I wish I could have been there cheering her on. She’s got a great running future ahead!
Who uses wireless headphones?! Which ones do you use? What are your thoughts on them?
How often do you go to Target?
How often do you go to a gym? How has that changed over the years?
-I used to be at the gym six days a week and now I sometimes go a month in between visits but during the winter I am there usually 1-2 times a week!
Who did cross-country in jr. high or high school?
-I didn’t but I wish that I did!