1. The Fourth of July celebrating has begun over at our house… we’ll talk more about that later.
2. I fell asleep Friday night at 8 pm. While the movie Rock Dog was on and two 4 year olds were jumping from bed to bed. I just fell asleep. Andrew got them settled down and in bed by 9 but he said I slept through quite the party there for a bit. Pregnancy exhaustion is just a whole other world for me and there is nothing that can keep my eyes open when I’m really tired. An early bed time meant I was up in the 5 o’clock hour and I felt like I had slept for a year, it was amazing. I didn’t feel comfortable running outside by myself so I went down to the hotel gym to run 8 miles @ a 9:10 average. My biggest trick for making the treadmill more entertaining and fun is to bump the numbers around. I don’t do it as much when I’m pregnant but I went anywhere from a 6.0 mph to a 7.0 mph. I switch it every minute or two and it makes the time go by way faster. I kind of love to just zone out on the treadmill too and not think about routes or sidewalk cracks that want to trip me or where the next bathroom is for my miniature bladder right now;)
3.. We packed up really quick and hit the road to get back home.
4. It felt SO good to be home and to be eating a sweet potato with avocado and bbq sauce again. I don’t know what I will do if there is ever a shortage of sweet potatoes.
5. These two definitely make running errands a lot more entertaining!
6. Because the baby wanted Cafe Rio;) I use that excuse way too often. I’m just gonna keep going with it though.
7. I don’t think Beretta is ever going to let us leave on a trip again.
8. We took the kids to the Stadium of Fire last night! This year at Stadium of Fire they had Little Big Town, Hunter Hayes and Brian Regan there along with a bunch of dancers, skydivers, jets and a really long fireworks show! PS I washed my hair yesterday and I’m excited about my new shampoo and conditioner ha (clearly, I get excited over really big things).
9. Even Knox thought that Brian Regan was funny:)
10. MY kind of stadium food right now… Along with popcorn.
11. The jets were both Andrew and Knox’s favorite part of the night.
12. Somehow Brooke fell asleep during the second half of the fireworks. I’m sure our kids are going to be in great moods today after partying so late last night;)
13. I don’t know about you but I am still so interested with everything from the sub 2 hour marathon attempt! This article is a long one but it goes into so much detail and I loved reading all about it all!
14. An intersting article if you want to check it out… Runner’s World had their experts include 10 essential strength exercises for runners. They take 30 minutes to do them 2 times a week! If you are looking for a strength routine to do to help your running (‘targeting the key muscles that will keep them balanced’) this routine looks great. I’m going to try it this week but modify a few of them for pregnancy.
15. “How ice cream went from elitist indulgence to America’s favorite frozen treat”—> do you think you go through 45 pints of ice cream a year? I probably go through more than that normally but now… I rarely have it. I miss my deep love for ice cream. And donuts.
What do you think… do you eat more or less than 45 pints of ice cream each year? Is ice cream one of your top three favorite desserts? Anyone like froyo more than ice cream?
How many times a week have you been on the treadmill lately?
What is the normal time you get into bed? Ever go to bed WAY earlier?
What single food would you say you eat the absolute most of?
-Probably sweet potatoes.