Can we start off today’s post by talking about these beautiful crepes? We had these for dinner last night and they are going to have to happen again soon in my life.
Yesterday I did another 7 mile run! 7 miles is just right around my happy place right now. A podcast episode usually lasts right around the same amount of time that it takes me to run 7 miles, I can do it before it gets too hot out and I feel like it is just the amount of time that makes the baby happy;). I think my runs must just rock her to sleep or something. I remember after having Brooke that she would always fall asleep in her little swing next to the treadmill when I would run. She must have found that sound comforting after all of the miles that I did on my treadmill during my pregnancy with her.
Oh and I always take a few breaks along the way.
I drove to a new spot and found some water…. water = there is a cooler breeze most of the time.
Usually I make it home before the Brooke or Knox wake up but yesterday I found Andrew on the treadmill and Brooke working on her artist skills.
I loved coming home to this card from Brooke.
The other highlights of the day included leftover enchiladas for lunch (and for a snack later:).
Brooke had a slip ‘n slide date later on in the afternoon.
And for dinner my good friends invited us over for dinner!
Brooke was pretty excited about her fresh manicure and pedicure yesterday (Andrew sure spoils her:).
We went over to my friend’s house that I met over ten years ago in a spin class. They are the best and we’ve stayed close ever since then… gotta love the friends that we get from the gym and running. Lifelong friends for sure.
Brooke went for one sweet crepe and one savory crepe (this family also has three girls and a million toys so Brooke was in heaven).
Here crepe recipe is so good:
1 1/2 C milk
1 C flour
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp sugar (optional)
She mixes hers in the blender but a whisk works great too! She cooks them on a normal pan too! I had two more savory crepes in addition to the ones below… you just can’t go wrong with these. In the savory ones we put in a her Garlic White Sauce, steamed spinach, ham and cheese. For the sweet ones we had fruit, Nutella, Biscoff and whipped cream.
Her Garlic White Sauce recipe (SO good):
Sauté 2 cloves garlic (minced) in 4 tbsp butter. Add 1/4 C milk or heavy whipping cream and stir continuously. Add 1 tbsp flour to tighten it up. Keep stirring. If it gets too thick add more milk or cream. If too loose add more flour. You will need to stir continuously for 7 minutes over heat to get the butter and milk to chemically bond. Otherwise when the sauce cools they will separate. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Afterwards she made dessert with these three ingredients and it was SO good. All she did was mix up the yellow cake mix with the canned peach pie filling (in the dish she was baking it in) and then topped it in the pan with the Heath bits!
She baked it in the oven for about 45-50 minutes @ 350 degrees and boom…
An amazing dessert that was so easy. Try this asap.
***Great Gold vs Great White is on July 23rd on the Discovery channel—> Michael Phelps will be racing a GREAT WHITE SHARK for 100 meters in an open-water race. This is taking place off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa and Phelps will be using a monofin (a big fin on his feet) to give him a little more speed to even things out a bit. I’m pretty excited about this:)
I thought it would be fun to share a few things about me that you probably don’t know… you might know some of them though because I’ve blogged for 7 years now so I might have shared them and forgotten but hopefully not:)
1. I weighed 9 lb 7 ounces when I was born… I really hope this baby girl of mine doesn’t do the same thing that I did to my mom:)
2. I used to cry myself to sleep in jr. high and parts of high school if I didn’t fall asleep by the time I scheduled myself to be asleep. I was so worried that I was going to sleep through my alarm clock and be late to school the next morning if I didn’t fall asleep by a certain time. I graduated from high school without any tardies… kids have helped me to relax about being late at times but I still get anxiety when I’m late.
3. I quit track after my first track meet in 9th grade. The pressure that I put on myself for the race was way too much… (as you can tell I was a stress case in junior high:)… it only took me a decade to realize that races are the best!
4. I’ve been to 4 Dodger games in my life and at 3 of those Dodger games I have been given a ball from one of the players!
5. I’ve never tried alcohol or coffee once (on accident at the gas station hot chocolate machine I pushed the coffee button instead of the hot chocolate button).
6. My first job was at Fazoli’s—> The fast food Italian Restaurant. I always left each shift as a 17 year old smelling like buttery breadsticks but I didn’t mind.
7. Andrew’s nickname for me is ‘Lobster Toes’ because I have ridiculously strong toes and I pinch Andrew’s calves with them all of the time.
8. I’ve ridden in an LAPD helicopter before.
9. I wrote a short book one time (I think it was around 70 pages). I did it to cope during a hard part of life and I would just sit at my computer for hours and hours in the middle of the night and write about every thought and feeling that I was experiencing. It was beyond therapeutic:) I recommend doing this if you are ever going through something really hard.
10. I had a cockatiel (named Nala) when I was younger. I loved every little thing about birds. I thought they were the coolest things ever.
I would LOVE to hear random things about YOU that a lot of people don’t know about you!!!