1. Seven miles done and done before Brooke woke up. On my run I was thinking about how nice (among a million other things) it is that I can do this again. For many years the treadmill was my only option most days because I couldn’t leave while Brooke was asleep. Turns out that I was only sweating in one little line on my shirt during this run.
2. I don’t know why I love running near water as much as I do. Is it the reflection I love? Or the cool breeze that usually comes along with it? Maybe it is because there are usually animals near it? I don’t know, but when I come next to water I just want to slow down for a minute, turn off my music (or podcast) and stare. PS I just finished the Up & Vanished Podcast (I loved it)… now onto S-Town!?!? Who else is listening to it or has already finished? PPS keep any more podcasts recommendations coming, I am always needing them!
3. What happens when you want blueberries with a little bit of waffle for breakfast after your morning run. It didn’t look pretty but it sure tasted good. You can never have enough blueberries in my opinion.
4. KNOX CAME HOME!!! When that happens we don’t see them much because they are too busy playing with their best friend and they no longer need me (until they are hungry;).
5. I had a dentist appointment to get to so I could get my teeth cleaned. They have a tv on the ceiling so I caught up on Good Morning America and tried to avoid any sounds of drills coming from the rooms next to me;). I was right by my sister’s house (and my favorite salad bar;) so after my appointment I went over to her house and we got to talk for a few minutes on her front porch. She is right in the middle of re-doing her entire kitchen. They are doing the whole thing themselves and completely gutted the kitchen… they are my heroes. I can barely paint a wall in my house without getting paint all over the place. The raspberries in this salad were the best topping possible.
6. I think now that it is warm again, I am salad’s number one fan again. Winter = I am all about every soup possible. Summer = these. This one was a spinach salad with grilled steak, feta, carrots, red onions and cucumbers… topped with ranch dressing.
7. A parents favorite thing—> the 5 pm car nap (NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!)
8. She snuggled with Beretta when we got inside as she was trying to wake-up:)
9. If you were wondering, these are their mischievous faces. I’m still not sure what they were up to but I am sure I will find out soon enough.
10. The last soccer game of the season was Tuesday night (Knox couldn’t make it) and one of the parents brought Texas-sized donuts. The kids were all on cloud nine. Brooke told me she is more into swimming and running but as soon as she finds out that no one passes out these donuts to us at the end of races, I think she might be back to soccer for a bit.
11. My mom and dad came to the game too. Brooke had her favorite time-out chair to go to:)
12. Brooke has inherited my necessity of having jam on top of a grilled cheese sandwich. My family has done this for decades now and I’m happy to see the tradition continue.
12b. Frozen grapes.
Any weird food combinations that you love to do? One that your family always does?
Any new podcasts you are tuning in to?
Favorite type of cheese? Anyone not like cheese?
Question from Andrew… what is your most recent WHOOPS moment (aka something you wish you didn’t do recently)?
-Andrew: “Ordering the wings at Dairy Queen… I need a reminder to only get ice cream there.”
-Janae: “Going to the salad bar thinking I would only spend $7 on lunch… and accidentally getting two lbs of salad instead ($7.50 a lb) or above waffle.”