1. Longest run, 12 miles, since April 1st (my last half marathon). My right hip is feeling better after getting it scraped. I’m happy the mileage felt great… next step, trying some speed work again in a week or two!
2. Andrew got back yesterday morning from his mountain biking trip. He shows me pictures like this and I can’t even imagine doing what he does on a mountain bike. I like running. It is much safer. I’m not much of a risk taker when it comes to injuring my body.
3. Run with a good friend. “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.” … one of the truest quotes there ever was!
4. My friend and I saw some river rafters while we were out and we were proud that they couldn’t keep up with us;) I’ve done this a few times growing up and it was always so much fun… maybe we need to do this Andrew?
5. This pair of Launch 4’s have almost 600 miles on them and they still feel good. This might be my longest lasting pair of running shoes ever.
6. Pre-run Brooke and I got to work on building. I found these little building pieces at a store the other day and she is hooked on them. Also, still hooked on the Santa pajamas.
7. Yogurt, fruit (first peach of the year for me!) and granola will never ever get old to me.
8. Goggles in the bathtub, not a bad idea Brooke.
9. I wonder where she gets her habit of picking out the best parts of the trail mix from? There are no more yogurt chips left because of Brooke and me.
10. Andrew came home from his time at the hospital and on the way home picked up some Mother’s Day breakfast stuff… cannot wait for those raspberries this morning.
11. We went out for an early Mother’s Day celebration.
12. I chose Pita Pit (and yes the employees recognized us from coming in the day before) because the tzatziki sauce that they put on this is so good. I kind of just want to add it to everything I eat from here on out.
13. She was happy to have her favorite person to tease and kid around with back.
14. Brooke and I shared this beautiful waffle with ice cream, raspberries, biscoff, and nutella.
15. Happy Mother’s Day Mom. You are the kindest, funniest, most giving, beautiful woman I know. I am so incredibly lucky to have you. I hope everyone out there has a beautiful day and Happy Mother’s Day to every woman out there that serves, loves, teaches and cares for other people in your life… whether they are your children or not… you are incredible and thank you for what you do to help the people in your world. I can’t tell you how much I love being Brooke’s mom and Knox’s step mom! I’m very blessed to have them in my life.
Celebrating today? What are you doing to celebrate?
What has been the highlight of your weekend so far?
Ever been into a more dangerous type of sport? What?
Where is your long run mileage at right now?
-I’m excited to be back up to 12!