HAPPY SUNDAY! I hope your day is an amazing one. I’ve got 15 things to share with you today and a pep talk too for those of you running Boston (or any races coming up here soon).
1. It was just Brooke and me yesterday morning so the treadmill was my best friend for my run. Brooke usually just does art or watches a show or plays with things while I run at home. She’s more than used to me being on the treadmill every now and then in the mornings so she’s got the routine down.
2. I started this book on my run yesterday. I have a feeling I will finish it very quickly.
3. And then I attempted some weights. If I’m not doing weights with my sister then I keep it really simple. I just have 10 lb dumbbells at home and I do the classic arm moves with them:) Nothing fancy but 15 minutes of the classics is better than zero minutes. Oh and I did 10 miles on the treadmill. I haven’t been able to fit in a double digit run since my race two weekends ago so I was happy to get that in again!
4. Yesterday we saw a few hot air balloons up in the air and Brooke told me that is what she wants to do for her next birthday party.
5. We got to see Knox at the soccer game yesterday! Brooke scored her first goal ever during the game! They both really looked forward to the post-game snacks;)
6. Side effect of Andrew being the coach… one of the kids is trying to hang onto him throughout the game at all times.
7. I get it. I wanted to do the same thing after my long run yesterday… Sports are no joke. I don’t know if I have ever fallen asleep in the middle of a coloring session though.
8. Last night Andrew’s family had a big Easter egg hunt so we drove up to their house and got to work hiding the eggs.
9. Brooke’s look of anticipation.
10. She scored $4 and lots of Starburst Jelly Beans which equates to a successful egg hunt in my opinion.
11. They were really interested in taking a group cousin shot;)
12. Then we hung out inside for a bit to sort through the good stuff.
13. We had a bbq for dinner (WATERMELON) and Andrew’s dad had this flavor out:) I didn’t try it but Brooke said they were good.
14. The only marshmallow candy that is good in my book… Scotchmallows from See’s candy.
15. We ended the night with an intense game of Wiffle Ball.
I know a bunch of you have a big race coming up tomorrow (SO EXCITED FOR YOU) and there are a ton of big races coming up soon! My mom always sends me the best pep talks leading up to a race… she always knows exactly what I need to hear:) She’s the best.
So I asked her to write a little something for those of you running tomorrow!
“Huge congratulations to all of you who are running the Boston Marathon tomorrow! I am sure the emotions before this historic race might include excitement, high anxiety, the peace that comes with achieving a goal and even the fear of possible injury. But in the midst of all of this happiness and worry take time to remember that YOU qualified. YOU pushed through the miles to prepare. YOU monitored your health and YOU are now preparing your mind. YOU did it all! As you start your run tomorrow don’t forget to tap into the power of positive energy. A simple smile can chase away negative thoughts, refuel your spirit and reinforce the mindset that you are happy with yourself and your best effort. Have fun, be happy and have a great race!”
And before I say goodbye this morning, I have a little clip for Easter I wanted to share!
Favorite See’s piece of chocolate? Nuts or no nuts in chocolates?
What are your Sunday plans?
Any special desserts today?
Did you do a long run this weekend? What was it?