1. Well the weather could not have been any more perfect yesterday. It started off in the 30s and then by about half-way through it was about 54 degrees until the end. I’ll have a full race report (because it takes me forever to write down every thought I have about each section of a race) up tomorrow morning. This race yesterday sure made me excited for more spring racing up ahead.
2. The kids were pretty happy when we got home from the race. They sure had an amazing time with their grandparents while we were gone.
3. Knox went around all day yesterday saying APRIL FOOLS and coming up with all sorts of tricks for us. He then told us that it is the one day that we can lie as much as we want ha.
4. Is there anything better than watermelon after a race? I don’t think so. First watermelon of the season was a huge success.
5. I have died and gone to heaven with this Nathan Hipster belt. I bought it at the expo the other day and could not be happier with it. Usually I keep my phone and fuel in my old fuel belt and it did a good job but this took it to the next level. I never even noticed it was one. It didn’t bounce, it stayed perfectly in place and I am officially adding this to my ‘favorite running gear’ ever list. If you need to store a bunch of stuff while you run and you don’t want to notice it during your run… get this now.
6. I was looking everywhere for Brooke yesterday afternoon and found that she put herself down for a nap. She is more like me with each day;) Naps= heaven.
Stop, drop and nap.
7. I think it is going to be mandatory that I make this dessert this month to celebrate spring.
8. After the race it is all about a lazy weekend watching conference!
9. Andrew went with his dad last night for one of their traditions and my mom, my sister and I went to Chick-fil-A for the good stuff.
10. Two reasons I crave this place often… their salads actually have a ton of toppings and their fries taste way too good dipped into their Chick-fil-A sauce. My mom and sister agree with their love for this place too.
11. My mom wasn’t in the picture because she had to run to Costco before it closed, I learned my love for Costco from her.
13. Picked up an ice cream cone on the way out. Another reason we love them…
14. Came home and got to work on recovery. I can officially say I’m really tired after that race and probably going to a concert until late (well late for my definitions) the night before didn’t help. Compression boots to get my legs ready to train again.
15. My half-marathon yesterday gave out little pins instead of medals (the entrance fee for this race was pretty cheap).
Have you ever gotten something other than a medal from a race that you have run?
Have a favorite fast-food salad? Let me know because I will go right away to try it:)
Anyone else have one of those fancy Nathan Hipster belts? Do you love it too?
What’s your Sunday breakfast?