Below is an old picture from a day of running. I had Dr. Bennett work on my leg yesterday and it is already feeling a whole lot better. He is a miracle worker. I go straight to his office anytime I have a running related almost-injury. Between scraping, adjustments, muscle reactivation, pressure points, he gives me new exercises to be doing… he always helps the problem area.
I’ll probably run today or tomorrow and go from there.
I often get questions about my favorite supplements so I thought I would share them now. These are what I use… use what is best for you and your body. I use other ones too periodically but the ones below have been my favorites for a while so I thought I would share them:
1. Collagen Peptides– I was sent Vital Proteins awhile ago and really fell in love with the collagen peptides. This is used to help support your bone and joint health (PERFECT FOR RUNNERS) and also for your skin, hair and nails. I just throw it in with a smoothie or mix it with milk sometimes. It’s unflavored.
2. Vega Sport hydrator– I found Vega while training for my last marathon and I loved it. I used this the most when I was training hard in the summer months and needed extra help with hydration. Easy to add to ice water and filled with electrolytes, antioxidants and Vitamin C.
3. Vega Clean Energy– I used the clean energy (plus electrolytes) to rotate with water during long runs and the marathon. It was awesome for some energy and electrolytes. I liked the flavor and I liked not using gatorade during the race (I think gatorade really messes with my system, especially while running).
4. Sports Legs– Not sure if these really do anything but I started taking them years and years ago before races and I still do about 30 minutes before a big race. It is said to—> ‘inoculate’ your muscles against lactate acid pain but keeps you alert to early sings of injury.
5. Beta-Alanine– This has been a supplement that I have used for the longest amount of time. I used to take it before all long runs but now mainly just before a big race or 20-22 miler. Beta-Alanine is used to delay muscle fatigue (which I really think it has for me) and to help reduce muscle soreness.
6. Probiotics– My mom did a bunch of research to find this one and I’ve loved it. I take one a day and it helps my IBS things and previous gastritis/digestive system problems. Love it.
Time for some Tuesday Tangents!
*Brooke had her very first swim lesson yesterday.
*She took it very seriously. I’m glad she had the goggles on.
*We grabbed dinner right after swim lessons. I’ve been conducting an experiment for years and I would like to tell you my results thus far. After ten years of eating Cafe Rio an insane amounts of time per month I have come to find that it is impossible to get sick of this place. Impossible. I’ll gather more information and report back to you on my findings in another ten years.
*We came home and watched The Land Before Time while I brushed Brooke’s hair, Andrew worked on school and Beretta slept.
*Her hair grows so fast… I keep giving her little haircuts.
*A friend sent this to me and the accuracy below is remarkable.
*This picture from last week of my sister and her boys makes me really happy.
*From the birthday party… It’s hard to ever get your own presents. The second Andrew opened up a present from my mom filled with beef jerky, Brooke was over there digging in herself.
*And then he stole Andrew’s water gun right away too.
*Pink mountains. Love when the sunset does this to them.
*Turns out the trampoline has been our best financial investment ever.
*Could anybody else live off of cereal for every meal of the day? Some days I really think I could.
*The kids all playing basketball the other day. Remember how my brother-in-law (in the blue) can go through the hoop in the splits… can you even imagine. I posted the video of this incredible talent that he has in this post!
*Speaking of my brother-in-law… he topped his waffle the other day with two pieces of cake, some peanut butter and some pie. He normally eats super healthy but every now and then pulls out some creation like this:
*Really can’t wait for park days to be a thing of the present again.
* #DreamGiftWhenYouHaveAnIndoorLab… I walk by this in Target and always dream of having one someday;)
*Anyone else gearing into spring cleaning mode? We sure are.
What supplements do you use? I want to hear about what you love about them please!!
Share some Tuesday Tangents please!
Would you rather…. run a marathon on a treadmill (Netflix included) or run a marathon on an indoor track?