Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! I’ve got one more week until my half marathon (ahhhh it has been almost a year since I last really pushed myself in a half marathon)! I hope your run this weekend is amazing. I’ve got some of my current favorite finds to share today and a portion of this post is sponsored by Best Fiends!
1. French toast. I don’t know why it has taken me 31 years to finally realize their greatness but I can officially say that my opinion is now that french toast > waffles + pancakes. My mom has held this strong (and somewhat unpopular opinion) for my entire life, and once again I am reminded that she is always right.
I think Brooke is also completely agreeing with this new finding of mine too. Also, french toast from Kneaders =s pure bliss.
2. You know those huge white bowls that I eat 99% of my meals in? Andrew found those at Costco but they are here too. We went to Costco the other day and they had colored ones. They are the perfect size for my salads and sweet potato combinations. I am loving the new colored ones!
3. Best Fiends. I started playing this game on my last 4 airplanes rides (you don’t need wifi to play) and I’ve quickly become hooked and so has Andrew. Best Fiends is a free puzzle game with a ton of in-game challenges. You get to collect and upgrade characters by matching the same-colored objects! It is addicting. I’m currently on level 29—> Andrew is ahead of me and we might be a little bit competitive:). You can download Best Fiends HERE for free and the first 100 readers to download the game and get to level 10 will get $4.99 worth of gold and diamonds for free!
4. The Calderas. They are Brooks newest trail shoes. We got these at Brooks camp last week and they are trail shoes that are beyond amazing. It is a more overall cushioned trail shoe and my feet were very happy about that. I was also amazed by how light they were for all of the cushioning. My feet were very happy on the trails (with a million huge rocks) in these. They have incredible traction and the midsole is built for extra stability and protection for your feet/ankle over everything that you come across on a trail. I wore these on Thursday too and they have quickly become my favorite trail shoe (closely followed by the Cascadia).
5. While we are talking running gear, the Cascadia Shell Jacket is a new favorite for me too. Look at that ventilation going on in the sides of the jacket. Super lightweight, blocks the wind/rain/whatever and YOU WILL BE SEEN in this jacket. Love the big pocket in the front of the jacket (which you can pack the jacket into if it gets too warm out). I also love the little zipper pull in the front of the jacket, it is used to keep your headphone cords in place and not swinging all over the place (like mine normally do). I wore this jacket for my run on Thursday when it was pouring rain and it kept me dry (well, my upper body;), comfortable and it was so flexible with my movements.
6. One night I was at Young Women’s and Andrew was going to the store with the kids. I asked him to buy me a Halo Top because I was craving it and when I got home I asked him what flavor he bought. He replied that he bought 20 of them because they were on sale (buy 5 and get $2 off:). So now we have a lot of ice cream at home, we are eating this daily. It’s fabulous. Cookies ’n Creme is my favorite out of all of the flavors.
7. Okay, this isn’t a recent find but it is one of my most obsessed with finds over the years—> Gel nails. I go to a place called Essence Nails (in case you live in Utah:) and they do this gel polish that lasts on my nails for 3 weeks and on my toes for a few months without chipping off. It makes me happy and it makes my runner’s feet a bit more pretty:)
8. This shirt. A reader sent this link to me and it is the story of my life. I’m getting it.
9. In a post where I was talking about my NEED to listen to music while I work, a reader recommended Totally Stress Free and I’ve listened to it ever since. It is on Spotify and I love listening to this playlist while I work.
10. I adore reading autobiographies about different athletes. It is one of my favorite types of books to read. I just started Marathon Man: My 26.2- Mile Journey from Unknown Grad Student to the Top of the Running World and it is amazing so far. This is Bill Rodgers story about how he went from somebody that nobody had any idea about to winning the New York City Marathon and Boston Marathon 4 times EACH. It is super inspiring so far and I’m loving learning about his journey.
Loved this quote from his coach—> “The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat.”
11. This jacket. I bought it while I was in California this month. It feels like you are wrapped up in the softest blanket when you wear it. I’m a fan. I was wearing this in my post yesterday!
12. Bruno Mars= great running songs. Loving this one right now for my runs!
What are three things that you are doing today?
Have a long run this weekend… what is it?
Any new favorite finds for you?
Ever tried Halo Top? What was your favorite flavor?