1. We met in the hotel lobby at 7 a.m. to jump on some busses to head to the hills. The altitude change hasn’t been too noticeable for me (we are only a few hundred feet higher than where I live) but I have definitely noticed the heat and dryness… it just makes you stronger right?
2. I was SO excited to run with Jen (she has an amazing Instagram account!!!) and get to know her better. She is so great and we had a fun time talking during the six miles of UP and DOWN on the trails. Hopefully she comes out to Utah often to visit. It was definitely a Run Happy morning.
3. The views were insanely gorgeous. It’s always fun to go with other people that are happy to take a trillion pictures along the way!
4. We jumped on the busses to go back to the hotel and added some notes about what our runs did for us.
5. I was more than excited to get to see Andrew and the kids for a few minutes on the phone:)
6. And then it was straight to lunch. I had some oatmeal for breakfast and was more than ready to dig into this.
7. After we finished eating we had a nutrition session by Dr. Kyle Pfaffenbach. He is the team nutritionist for the Brooks Beast Elite Team and has a big job figuring out the best fuel for each of the athletes. I’ll talk more about this tomorrow (doing a post about some things that I learned from camp tomorrow).
8. We then had a little session where we brought our favorite pieces of workout clothes and talked about what made these different pieces our favorites.
9. The Brooks Beast girls then went through one of their killer core workouts with us… they are intense!
10. Followed by learning all about all of the different shoes, spikes and things to come!
11. After a quick break we jumped on a bus to head to where the Brooks Beasts stay while they are at altitude camp! We arrived and got to work on an energy bar creation:)
13. We took third place according to the judges. PS it was so fun to get to know the Brooks Beasts… they are all such good friends and train so hard together. They sure make professional running looks fun.
14. We had a great bbq afterwards while talking outside with everyone.
15. And watching this sunset from the roof.
17. A red velvet cookie, vanilla ice cream, cinnamon roll cookie, whipped cream and caramel. I found out while we were there that Ashley doesn’t like whipped cream? Anyone else not love whipped cream?
Most importantly today… It is my mom’s birthday today and I can’t wait to see her. As you know, she is the absolute best and I am so beyond lucky to have her.
Happy Sunday and I’ll see you tomorrow morning!!! I hope your Sunday is amazing and would love for you to fill me in on what’s going on in your world today!