1. I had one of my favorite runs ever yesterday—> I was planning on doing some speed on my treadmill but my brother (they are staying with us and are here from Kentucky) came upstairs in his running gear and asked me to go on a run. Ummmm YES!!! I used to go to his track meets when I was a little girl and then I would ride my bike with him while he ran but this was our FIRST run together.
This was also the brother that flew in to surprise me at the finish line of the Tucson Marathon last year. I saw him a bit before the finish line and thought my brain had really gone nuts at that point from running for so long and that I was seeing things… nope, he made the trip just to be there.
2. Must be in our genes to know the right watch and gloves to own;)
3. It snowed for the entire run and my brother ended the run looking like a snowball was on his head but nope, that was just from the snow fall during our run.
4. It really was such a great run together where we were able to talk about so much and luckily all 7 kids were great for Andrew while we ran;)
5. They didn’t actually sleep on the kitchen floor but Brooke and Knox were in heaven having so many kids around.
6. Blanket forts are in every room currently.
7. Wednesday night when they got into Utah we picked up their favorite cookies from Swig. These cookies are a must if you are in Utah (although Andrew doesn’t love them… this week I’ve really opened up with his cookie tastebuds on the blog).
8. Nothing like spilling your own vitamin water (it’s a long story but basically I just sat on it without the lid on) while you are out doing things and getting home to see a pink backend. It actually goes quite well with the purple paint.
9. Brooke took a fall at home and it needed quite the long cuddle session to recover fully.
10. My brother’s first request when they arrived to Utah was going straight to Cafe Rio. This is quite normal for any of the people I know that move away from Utah… when they come back to visit they come straight here:
11. The odds of me finding a man last April 26th that loves random bowls full of sweet potatoes topped with everything else in the fridge was pretty slim. But I did it.
12. All of the cousins at the indoor pool.
13. Just my niece doing her own FRENCH BRAID?! I can barely do this on another person let alone my own hair.
14. Indoor swimming pool = brought great joy to our kid’s life this very cold winter.
15. Sometimes I wonder if Brooke sneaks out and gets her eyelashes done too…
16. Made these pancakes yesterday and I am positive they are going to be a thing today after my SPEED WORK!!! I’ll be thinking about these during those last 3 mile repeats when I know my legs are truly going to be toast:
Arthi has an amazing running accomplishment for us today (I want to do this!!!!). If you want to be featured for your running accomplishment then please send it to [email protected] ! The next round of these will go up in two weeks from today! THANK YOU!!!
Arthi!!! “My 2016 running resolution was to run a race every month of the year. Distance didn’t matter as long as 1.) I had to register for the event and 2.) I received a bib. I run a lot of races in general but running a race every single month is actually really hard. During marathon training seasons, it’s hard to sneak in a race when you’re already running way too much and you definitely don’t want to miss a training run for a 10k. Alternately, during the winter months… Snow happens, race cancellations happens, the flu happens.
But… I did it!! I ran a race every single month of 2016 and I have bibs to prove it! My last race was on December 31st (The Rise and Shine 5k) and I was SO sick for it. I contracted a terrible head cold over Christmas that I was still battling but I was so determined to get that last bib. I’m so proud of myself!”
On average… how many races do you run each year? What has your highest race year ever been?
What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Have a long run this weekend?
Ever run with any of your siblings?