HELLO!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend full of time with loved ones, delicious food and relaxing! We had a really amazing day together, the two of us, and then ended up getting Brooke back last night right before bedtime so that we could drive half way home to Utah last night! Due to crazy traffic to Vegas the day after Christmas we decided to leave last night instead and I was beyond happy to see Brooke and get a head start to being all home together! It feels like forever since we were all together and I’m looking forward to this entire week having everyone home (Beretta included:).
Let’s talk about yesterday for a second:
1. We woke up at 9:30 (a little bit different than previous Christmas mornings and waking up before the sun comes up to do presents;) and opened our presents to each other.
2. The best present I have ever received. Andrew made an entire photo album of all of our favorite moments and included little notes on each picture. It made me cry.
3. I somehow ended up with coal too;)
4. And I am VERY excited for this cook book. I told Andrew that I really want to get into cake making so he bought this book and all of the supplies I need to get started. Be prepared for cake pictures asap!
4. After we hung out for a bit at the hotel we went out on a hike and found a California Snowman.
5. Vitamin D is good for my soul.
6. We then drove to Andrew’s grandparents’ home and while we were there my family called! Utah got dumped on with snow yesterday for a white Christmas. We cannot wait to take the kids sledding this week and maybe I will brave the snow and run out there too!
7. A fancy dinner with his grandparents, some cousins and aunts and uncles.
8. Creamed corn is a Baron special and I am happy to be a part of this special.
9. We checked out of our hotel and then we were off to pick up Brooke. She had an amazing Christmas and it felt so good to be with her again.
10. She fell asleep quick in the car after her busy day but goodness gracious, the hug she gave me when she first saw me felt amazing.
11. PS a reader sent this to me and it is so true:
12. PPS name the movie we watched yesterday:
13. Oh and let’s talk about Christmas Eve for a minute. Andrew has always wanted to go to an NFL game so we made it out to the Rams game. I’ve become really good at cheering for a specific team only for the time that we are at the game and then forgetting about the sport until I am watching a different game. GO RAMS;)
14. We were REALLY missing the kids Christmas Eve Night (more so than I did on Christmas Day ((probably because I knew I got to see them soon)) but fondue always cheers you up right?
15. We went to the Melting Pot for dinner on Christmas Eve (neither of us had ever been) and it was really nice to have a long dinner together. Usually we eat fast and are out of a restaurant and onto the next thing but we ended up going through the 4 courses in 2 hours. We just talked and ate and made goals for 2017. And the chocolate fondue was something else.
Get something you are excited about on Christmas?
What does your week look like? Work, out of town, family in town, running?
Ever been to an NFL game? Which one? Do you get really into sporting events?