1. Saturday morning I made it out for a run and overdressed for the 60 degree weather… which felt extremely nice after the winter runs at home lately. It was windy and I wasn’t running through this loose dirt area (that felt like running in the sand) for a very long time but even doing it for a few minutes resulted in every muscle screaming at me.
2. I wish cameras could accurately display how hard the hills we run are… I did a few of these long hills and they were hard but according to my camera this one looks easy;)
3. I could get very used to breakfast at Andrew’s grandparent’s house.
4. The kids got to work on their big wheel riding. One of my VERY first memories of life was a day at preschool where we all brought our big wheels to class and had a race with them. Maybe that is where my love for races all began?!
5. They also got to work on their bball skills.
6. I worked on my cheerleader skills on the slide. Followed by a very competitive round of HORSE with Andrew afterwards.
7. A big plate of greens and chicken for lunch afterwards.
8. And of course a snack from one of their three candy drawers… we need one of these at our house!
9. Andrew’s grandpa wanted us to watch this movie with him and it was SOOOOO good.
10. They were busy making cakes/hot chocolate/pizza with the toys in the house.
11. And then we had a very tough game of hide and go seek;)
12. Andrew has an aunt that lives about 30 minutes away from where we were staying and they invited us over for an amazing dinner. Gotta love it when kids fall asleep for a nice nap at 6 pm;) They have been waking up in the 5 o’clock a.m. hour since we got here which has also been super fun;)
13. Andrew’s aunt made us the best panini ever. The sauce she used was TJ’s pumpkin bbq sauce and I need to go buy 5 bottles of that now. It was so good. There were also sweet potato fries and homemade apple sauce!
14. For the grande finale—> HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY FRITTERS. They were everything and more. It’s going to be hard to eat a store bought fritter after having these.
15. And of course Brooke found a new dog bff. She is the prettiest Akita with the softest coat… I think we need one of these too.
What is one of your very first memories?
Do you ever run on the sand?
What is the best part of your Sunday going to be?