Today’s post is sponsored by Blue Apron!! I’ve also got an offer for the first 20 readers at the end of the post! Thanks for reading and following along with our random life:)
It is always the highlight of our week when this big refrigerated box arrives on our doorstep—> everything stays fresh in the refrigerated box even if it gets there when we aren’t home. Blue Apron delivers all of the farm-fresh goodness that we need right to our doorstep in all of the right proportions. You can choose to do the 2-Person Plan or the Family Plan… there is no commitment either so you can skip or cancel the service at any time!
Andrew is all about cooking (I like to help him but he is the best cook by far) and I’m all about eating and cleaning up… a match made in heaven.
The first meal we created at home was Chicken Fried Rice w/Green Beans, Cabbage and Peanuts. Blue Apron is constantly adding new items to their menu every week which helps us feel creative and like we are branching out:)
Andrew got to work chopping everything up while I got to work on the rice and preparing the chicken.
These two always make the whole process even more entertaining:) I think they were chasing after Beretta in this picture.
After about thirty minutes we had a huge pan full of cooked veggies, shredded chicken, cooked eggs and teriyaki sauce.
For some reason Beretta thinks that if she sits there patiently enough that our meals are going to end up in her dog bowl:)
The sauce on this dish was incredible and soaked right into the rice at the bottom perfectly. Loved the crunch of the peanuts too!
And then we had dinner together and listened to the kids tell us about their crazy day.
The next Blue Apron meal that we made was the Crispy Pork Chops w/ Roasted Potato Wedges & Summer Squash-Tomato Slaw.
I just can’t say goodbye to this bee sweatshirt of mine, it is a staple in my wardrobe.
Everything I’ve ever received from Blue Apron has always been incredibly fresh and the veggies are always bright and full of flavor.
The finished product! We ate this meal once the kids were in bed. It was a great date night in. The potatoes were perfect and this was my first time making pork chops at home… I felt pretty accomplished after.
Beretta joined in on the date too! We are always happy/full/content after we eat a meal from Blue Apron—> They keep our taste buds happy and allow us to skip the grocery store for ingredients:)
Andrew and I love to talk about some of the things we’ve learned about each other/marriage/life together while eating dinner (whether it is just the two of us or in between crazy 4 year old antics). I thought I would share a few of them today:
1. Andrew should not be allowed to go to Costco alone just like I should not be allowed to go to Madewell alone. Things get a little out of control.
2. I am ALWAYS the first one to react when our kids get hurt. I jump 10 feet off the ground and Andrew stays calm as can be. Our reactions could apply to pretty much every area in life.
3. Andrew’s ankles crack throughout a run. The first few times this happened it kind of freaked me out like they were breaking or something but now I am used to it.
4. Andrew said, “Janae always sings, whether it is an appropriate time or not.” I just always have some song in my head.
5. There is nothing that Andrew hates more than hard boiled eggs… hence why whenever we are at a salad bar I try to sneak some on his plate.
6. Andrew is the first guy that has ever made me want to scratch my running plans and run (or not run) with him instead:) My dad said he knew Andrew was the one when I did a race at Andrew’s pace instead of my own. My dad knows that I am very competitive and so Andrew must be a big deal if running took a back seat to him.
7. If Andrew is going to make something, he is going to make it from scratch. He’s not going to mess around with buying salsa if he can make a better version himself. Bread, crust, dressing… you name it, he prefers to make it.
8. It’s really nice to be home more. I think we both went from living lives where we were rarely home to wanting to be at home with the five of us together as much as possible now.
9. We’ve both learned that we really like to eat. I think after so many years of denying myself delicious food years ago that I am just making up for it now and enjoying each and every bite:) It’s fun to be with someone that loves good food as much as I do.
10. Andrew is always looking for a new adventure. Whether that be a new mountain biking trail, a trip to take, skydiving (yeah, I’m not going to be doing that again) or a new restaurant to try. He loves getting me to be adventurous too (I’ve camped more with him already than ever before in my life;).
11. Andrew has quickly learned that I hate being cold… unless I am running in the cold, somehow that makes it all okay.
12. He scares me close to 4-5 times a week. You’d think at some point I would just expect it to happen and it wouldn’t effect me anymore but it actually seems to get worse with time.
13. I can’t fall asleep without my kitchen being clean and Andrew just can’t fall asleep in general.
14. Andrew says, “Janae’s love for sour candy amazes me.” It’s a problem… I wonder if my taste buds will ever mature.
15. Andrew almost cried when he first found out that I don’t really care too much for Thanksgiving… it is his favorite holiday and I just haven’t had a great Thanksgiving in many years now so I just haven’t loved it. He is determined to make this Thanksgiving my favorite day. He was also pretty heartbroken when he found out that I don’t like scary movies… but I did promise him that I would watch just one with him on Halloween.
Oh and the other night Andrew and I read through all of our texts from the very beginning of everything (… a few months ago). We have gotten new phones since then but still had our first texts on my computer.
I really do try to hold back on using too many explanation marks while blogging but I sure let him know that I was excited to hear from him;) Our first date was 4/26/16. Nolan is the guy that set us up!
The FIRST TWENTY READERS will get THREE FREE MEALS on their first Blue Apron order—> Go HERE to get the deal!! PS You can check out all of their amazing recipes here! Also, if you are wondering about their awesome recycling options, you can find that here!
Who is the cook at your house? Would you rather cook or clean up?
What is your favorite holiday? Anyone else absolutely love Thanksgiving like Andrew?
What is the meal that you make most often at home? Do you feel like you get into a cooking rut?
Does being cold drive you crazy?