1. Knox and Brooke woke up extra excited about life Saturday morning. Andrew added an extra pad to our tent which made sleeping a whole lot easier this time for all of us.
Oh and Beretta also slept in our tent and she stayed still pretty much the entire night (which I did not think was going to happen ha… Andrew, you were right again).
My hair was doing really well.
2. We went up Farmington Canyon pretty much as high as you could go to camp. You could even see The Great Salt Lake in the picture below.
4. Andrew is sure good at getting us out and exploring. I’ve always wanted to be a ‘camping (for 1-2 days at a time;) family.’
5. Brooke and Knox both gained twenty-something cousins when we got married. Playing with cousins are everything when you are a kid.
6. One last s’more before leaving.
7. These two bonded over the weekend. (PS Brooke prefers her marshmallow in a s’more to be uncooked).
8. Over to Andrew’s parent’s house to eat a sandwich with swiss/egg/tomato straight from the garden. Along with some raspberries (that tasted like candy) from the garden too.
9. We dug dirt for a bit. My heart rate during this activity was higher than during my tempo runs ha.
10. A little football game watching.
11. And then we drove home and the kids passed out. They slept like champs while camping but everything else must have really tired them out.
12. I went out for a 3 mile run real quick when we got home followed by some planks… I’m trying to build my planking back up again—> 1 minute normal plank on both elbows, 30 seconds side plank, 30 seconds other side plank, 1 minute normal plank. It burned nicely.
Also, running at 5 pm is a whole lot different than morning running. I forget every time.
13. We hit up our favorite grocery store. It’s like finding gold when we find one of the car grocery carts.
14. We then stopped at my sister’s house for a little bit because one of my brothers is in town visiting. We waited for him with some intense story time.
15. And then Andrew and I tried this because we see it all over social media. Our thoughts—> Andrew didn’t like that the mint chip was white instead of green;) The taste was better than I was expecting but it was also more expensive than I was expecting. It will probably be a ‘sometimes’ purchase.
How often do you plank? Have any good variations or combos that you do?
Running today? How far? What day has been your normal rest day lately?
What’s the best part of your Sunday going to be?