I had a lot of different post ideas that I wanted to talk about today so I decided to compromise and talk about all of them;)
1. 5 miles at an 8:50 average pace. I’m all about taking the easy days easier than I have done in the past. My uninjured body is thanking me for listening for the first time ever. (Knock on wood… I swear the taper always brings out aches and pains)
2. After my run I told myself to get in some core work. And then I thought that it had been way too long since I had been in a routine of core work so I might as well just skip it. But then one of my favorite quotes popped in my head and I got in some planking. With running, a new goal, a relationship, your work, a change you are dying to make—> where you are now is quite the perfect place to start.
3. We got to pick up Knox! We were all thrilled to see him. Knox’s favorite thing right now is ghosts and Halloween and he could not wait to show me his new Halloween basket. October is going to be a fun month over here.
4. Josse told me I needed to come in to get my muscles cleaned out. Between her massage and scraping/Graston, my hamstrings are feeling a million times looser now. During was another story though. We runners sure put our legs/hips/glutes through a lot each day.
5. Josse gave Knox this little Batman jacket and it made his life.
6. Too bad they don’t really like their cousins;)
7. I spy with my little eye, snow on top of our mountains. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
8. They called this a Brookie sandwich.
9. My grandma might love pumpkin flavored items more than anyone else in a 500 mile radius. This is the best of the best so we took it to her.
10. My favorite thing about my hydroflask—> filling it up the night before with ice and water and then waking up and drinking freezing cold water. I love water a whole lot more when it is really cold and it helps me to wake up.
11. So does playing with toys first thing in the morning.
12. Flashback to my niece… I saw this picture of her and it made me so happy. She looks like a little doll. The nurses cut her bangs at the hospital when she was first born.
13. I love self-help books. This one just arrived and I started it last night.
14. Andrew and his brother put up can lights in our house last night.
After: (we just need a chandelier over the table now—> any ideas? We need your help). PS I couldn’t get a get picture of it but it just looks a lot better now ha.
15. Flashback to the last time I did the St. George Marathon. I finished so happy that time (and felt really good during it) and I’ve been searching for feeling that way again since then;) I think I will in 15 days. PS I think I might wear a hat again. I feel like that helps me out a lot to stay cool. Or maybe a visor? Do you do either?
16. We were going to make salmon for dinner but then I remember that a turkey burger is my favorite night before a long run meal these days. There was also a fried egg, avocado, grilled zucchini, greens and a tomato in there.
17. Kitchen table success for 9.8 minutes.
18. A few readers commented and emailed me about this stuff when I talked about iron last week. I usually hate taking iron because it makes my stomach upset but I’m three days in with this and my stomach feels great. Here’s to getting my iron up:)
19. He asked to sit on my lap while I was writing this post and it made me really happy.
20. Get them nice and hyper right before bedtime… always a good idea;)
I’ll see you this afternoon!!!!
What are you reading right now? Any great parenting books that you’ve read?
Take supplements or vitamins each day? Which ones?
Hats or visors during a race or neither?
What’s your run for the day? Who has a fall race coming up soon?