1. LAST LONG RUN before the race. It felt pretty good too. I did 10.1 miles @ an 8:04 average in the rain (well, it was lightly raining). I really don’t know what is going on but I’m just feeling a lot of excitement about this marathon. I usually go into marathons with enough anxiety for 100 people. I’m really enjoying this lead up to a race a lot more than the previous marathons. I think it is because I’ve gotten to the point where I realize that the marathon is full of surprises and I’m just excited to get out there and do my best with whatever factors that come along. Races sure don’t define us so all of the nerves are kind of pointless (a little nerves and adrenaline is good for us though:), we just gotta go out and do what we love to do.
Glove weather is upon us. I’m sure Utah will heat back up a bit before winter really hits but I was chilly yesterday.
2. Whenever I get out my yoga mat, Beretta automatically comes over because she assumes the mat is for her to sit on.
3. The kids think whenever I do a plank or push-up that they need to be involved too.
4. Andrew went out next in the rain for his run. Tag-teaming at it’s finest. Beretta was all about running in the rain.
5. When he got home we got busy in the kitchen putting lunch together. Our goal is to have a fridge full of amazing salad bar toppings at all times. Turkey bacon, turkey, feta, avocado, peppers, cucumbers and greens!
6. KNOX’S BDAY IS THIS WEEK so we made sure to go choose his Transformers bday cake. Once upon a time my mom, sister and I took a cake decorating class together. I think I need to get back into that.
7. Andrew and I then took the kids to an outdoor mall for them to run around. We couldn’t decide between two treats while we were there so we got both and split them. Dole Whip goodness.
8. Our second choice was a snickers caramel apple. Caramel apples just remind me of Fall.
9. Chalk the Block was going on there so we saw all of the incredible artists out doing their thing!
10. My favorite was of course the Stranger Things one… turns out Andrew and I are binge watching this show and need to sleep.
11. Of course Andrew picked up a treat for Beretta while we were there too:)
12. A river trip to throw some rocks in there.
14. They ate dinner and then they went to bed. We ate and I bet you can guess what we watched once the kids were in bed.
15. How Beretta communicates to not stop scratching her stomach. She places her paw on my leg to hold me there.
Do you get pretty nervous leading up to races, not at all or does it just depend on what race it is?
Three things your Sunday is filled with?
Dog owners… what are some of your pup’s favorite things?