I have quite a few Tangents to share with you today so get ready for a long list of them (along with my favorite video ever)…
1. I have converted Andrew over to Bombas. We have less (AHHHHH… ) than 11 weeks to go until our marathon and we are ready to get serious about things (speaking of which, I have a long run with Josse tomorrow morning). Bombas are my go to running socks—> they are comfortable (the perfect thickness for running), the blister tab keeps chafing far away from me and I love the arch support. All of their different colors are amazing (the kids wanted to model some of them for you too;) I need to buy the purple ones right now because those will be my race day socks!
PS if you use the code HUNGRYRUNNER at Bombas you get 20% off your purchase on your first order of any size (plus they donate a pair of socks for each pair purchased which is amazing)! I think we look pretty darn good in these
2. Here is a clip that a friend took of Knox walking down the aisle and then me and the Brookers. Knox delivers and Brooke gets a little bit nervous once she sees everyone.
3. I used to be able to do at least one push-up with her on my back but not anymore… I’m going to blame it on her growing up, not on me avoiding push-ups lately.
4. What do you think? They look a little bit alike at least?
5. Just the normal sprinkler chasing after a summer long run.
6. Beretta isn’t letting Andrew out of her sight… she wasn’t okay with us leaving for a week either.
7. Andrew made this salad for me to eat on the go in the car the other day. WHO IS HE?!?!?
8. Do you love popcorn? You need to try Megan D’s (she REALLY needs a blog;) combination if you do. It was quite possibly the best popcorn I have ever had:
“I popped 3/4 cup kernels in my air popper into a large bowl.
Toast about 1 cup shredded coconut (I toast mine in a skillet… it’s way easier to prevent it from burning) and set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat I melted:
16 oz almond bakr/white chocolate, 3 tbsp. butter, 3/4 cup Karo syrup
Heat/stir frequently until it starts to bubble. Add 5 oz mini marshmallows and stir until melted completely. Add the zest of 2 limes and 1/4 tsp coconut oil (not the baking/cooking kind, the essential oil kind). Stir to combine. Pour over popcorn and stir/ toss carefully to coat the popcorn. Add the toasted coconut and stir to combine again. Spread on cookie sheet to cool.
I drizzled mine with colored vanilla melting chocolate to add color, but that was just for looksies.”
9. She makes me really happy to wake up to. She is the sweetest and laying on my feet as I am typing this:)
10. My parents have a huge apricot treat that is feeding our entire family right now. Brooke has way too many of these a day ha!
11. This picture below was from my wedding day. Bangs Friend flew out for the wedding and we ran on two treadmills next to each other that morning and talked the entire time. It was perfect and I am so lucky that she came. Yesterday I did 10 miles on the treadmill… it wasn’t as fun because Bangs wasn’t next to me but I’m getting more and more excited for race day!
12. People have been asking about the clothes/swimsuits from my honeymoon post! Here are all the details!!!!
Swimsuits——> This swim top in above pic (this one is the same pattern and just cut a little different) and bottoms (I got this top to match the blue bottoms too and this was Andrew’s favorite) black swimsuit top and bottoms
Let me know if you have any other questions!
13. A picture from Sunday night dinner at my parents house:) It’s always a good sign when there are this many shoes by the front door and his little smile too!
14. Last night we went to grab some dinner at Outback and as we were leaving my parents and nephew were walking out of the restaurant (not a restaurant either of us go to very often.. and kind of far away) at the exact same time!! So we were at the same restaurant eating at the same time and didn’t know it… isn’t that bizarre?!
15. Enjoy your Tuesday and we will talk soon!
Fill me in with some tangents please!
Have a garden at your house? Any fruit trees? If you could pick any fruit and vegetable to be grown in your backyard at all times what would it be?
Favorite type of popcorn? Sweet or salty popcorn?
What’s going to be the best part of your day today?