(FIRST 25 readers get three free meals… don’t miss the end of this post:)
I thought that today would be the perfect day to chat and have some time for you to get to know Andrew a little bit more over a beautiful home-cooked meal. We will get to that in just a few minutes but first let’s talk about food.
Andrew had never tried Blue Apron until he met me and it quickly became his favorite. When the refrigerated box of farm-fresh ingredients (with all of the right proportions) is delivered right to our front doorstep, he is realllllly excited about it.
Besides him knowing that the meal is going to taste delicious, it is a fun date that we get to have at home together. We jumped right into that family stage and so a lot of our ‘dates’ happen at home together and Blue Apron gives us the perfect chance to make something amazing together and talk like crazy (ehhh… I talk like crazy, he talks normal) while the kids are asleep/playing/eating with us… we never know what is going to happen with two 3 (almost 4) year olds.
We order the family plan now (they also offer a 2-Person plan) and either the kiddos eat with us or we have killer leftover for lunch the next day.
We started off making Vegetable Pad Thai (my all-time FAVORITE Blue Apron meal ever… it was so beyond good).
It made me happy to see the peanut butter that they sent:) Love this stuff.
PS making this dish took me back to making Pad Thai in Thailand with Sarah when I went there to visit her.
Okay, back from that tangent. The sauce in this dish was insanely good, so were the noodles and the toppings full of chopped peanuts and Thai basil.
Andrew was a big fan too. Blue Apron gets us out of eating the same 3 meals every night and spending time in the kitchen together. Blue Apron is CONSTANTLY adding new dishes (check out all of their recipes) to their menu each week so they always get us out trying new meals at home. They help me to feel creative because I’m not naturally creative when it comes to cooking ha.
Last week after a day of painting it was so nice to not have to go anywhere and make some Spiced Pork Tacos w/ Crema, Pickled Onion & Elote-Style Corn.
Yeah, that paint was not coming off my hands no matter how many times I scrubbed them.
Both kiddos were gone that night so we just hung out and made tacos and corn together for our last meal at my apartment…
I don’t think I have ever made pork chops before (my mom always did when we were kids) so that was fun.
And the corn prepared with the Mexican crema, Cotija cheese, spices and cilantro—> it’s going to be really hard to go back to plain corn after trying that.
Okay, now it is time to get to know Andrew a bit better. He will be on the blog daily so I thought you must surely know 10 random facts about him:
1. Andrew LOVES animals. He would always sneak animals into the house when he was a little dude and really wants a hobby farm at some point.
2. He loves to mountain bike and cycle… he just got a new road bike! I need to teach spin again and have him come to my class;)
3. Andrew is a licensed EMT!
4. His favorite foods (besides Blue Apron of course) are pizza, raspberries and slurpees and he most definitely could eat those daily for the rest of his life.
5. He went to BYU for college and majored in Exercise Science and Spanish. He speaks Spanish fluently which was extremely helpful when we went to Mexico recently.
6. He REALLY wants to visit every continent (he just needs to go to Europe and Antartica to fulfill that dream). He also really wants to one day have us just grab our passports and some money and just randomly go somewhere with zero plans.
7. Andrew’s first race was a 5k and his second race was the St. George Marathon… ya know, from 3.1 miles to 26.2 miles. Also, the longest run he did before that marathon was 10 miles so as you can imagine, he was quite sore afterwards.
8. He is a die-hard Angels fan. He was born in Orange, California and grew up on Angels baseball.
9. His FAVORITE time to run is midnight! He runs mostly during lunch so he can spend more time with us and then on the weekends he runs in the morning with me.
10. He is deathly afraid of BUOYS! He hates swimming by them in triathlons. He thinks it is trauma from watching Jaws as a kid.
And that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day with a great run and something delicious on your plate!
****First 25 readers will get THREE free meals on their first Blue Apron order—> GO HERE to get this crazy awesome offer!!!*****
There is no commitment with Blue Apron, you can skip or cancel the service whenever you want! Try it out, you will love it and have more time to run miles because you aren’t going to the grocery store to get your dinner ingredients;)
Today was sponsored by Blue Apron:) Thanks for taking the time to check in on this random running/life/food/family blog!
Share some random facts with us now… I mean, Andrew needs to get to know you better too!
Favorite time of day/night to run?
Did you train properly for your first race or marathon?
Speak any other languages?