I’m hoping that your weekend is fabulous so far! I’ve got a race recap coming up tomorrow but until then I’ll just do the normal ‘share every picture I take each day on the internet’ thing right now! —> I will say the race was a blast, but it was really hard, but fun in a weird way. Lots of running thoughts coming your way.
1. After the race I did 2 more miles, went home to my three peeps and then we went off to Kneader’s. If you go to Utah ever, this is one of those restaurants you have to try while you are here. Their breakfast is pretty popular, especially their 4 inch thick all-you-can-eat french toast.
2. After that we drove to the lake to spend time with Jamyn (we have been friends for 22 years now… we were inseparable as kids too… she is the best) on their boat.
3. This was Brooke’s first time ever on a boat like this and I think she is convinced now that we need one.
4. First adventure: Tubing.
5. They felt pretty hip doing this and they requested as many bumps as possible over the waves.
6. After that, just Andrew and I went and within a few minutes we somehow flew into the water (I’ll get you back Andrew…)
7. The kids were trying all sorts of things.
8. She is better at surfing than I am.
9. I finally got up and figured out how to stay surfing for a few minutes at a time (usually I just fall after about 20 seconds).
10. Talk about pure joy.
11. Jamyn’s husband was doing all sorts of flips and crazy jumps on the wakeboard and Andrew did some awesome jumps too.
12. And then all three kiddos that were on the boat fell asleep and I got a solid hour of snuggling with Brooke.
13. Some quality family time.
14. I’m super excited because we just got one of these because Utah has a ton of state parks that we need to start exploring. PS Andrew has sure got me out of my normal -eat at the same 3 restaurants and do the same things everyday- habit and I absolutely love it.
15. After a quick dinner, baths and pjs… Andrew hit the X11i Incline Trainer for his Saturday run (he LOVES night running).
We’ve been using this treadmill for a few months now so I thought I would share my thoughts so far. I’ve run on quite a few treadmills over the years and thousands of miles on them so as you can tell, treadmill running has been a big part of my life—> I told you about how I trained for my first marathon completely (except for one five miler) on a treadmill.
Let’s talk about a few of the things that I love about this baby so far:
*That I can get in my workout at any time, any day. I can run or walk on an incline while watching The Bachelor. When I’ve got two kiddos running around like crazy and playing in the mornings I can just jump on and get to work.
*You can pop in your tabley/ipad super easy to watch whatever you want! (Mine isn’t in the pics here because—> RIP to my iPad but hopefully I will be getting a new one soon).
*I LOVE the speakers. You just plug your music in and the speakers are awesome—> killer sound and no headphones. Win. This also allows the kids to have quite the dance party while I’m running which offers great entertainment of me.
*The incline makes it awesome to get in UPhill and DOWNhill workouts. -6% all the way up to 40% incline It is super easy to adjust speed and incline with the huge buttons.
*The dashboard also has a fan built in and I added my own fan too because I tend to sweat like crazy.
*It is super quiet compared to other treadmills I have had (it has an awesome motor and a WhiperQuiet design which makes the noise of each step on the deck quieter).
*If you’ve been on a bunch of different treadmills then you know what I mean about the deck of some of them being too hard… your knees and joints end up screaming at you. This one uses Reflex Cushioning on the deck which makes each foot strike comfortable and cushioned—> we want to protect those joints of ours so that we can run until we are 99.
*It goes up to 12 mph which will be awesome once I’m getting back to speedwork again.
*I love the touchscreen… it is SUPER responsive (touchscreens that are slow or you have to push really hard on to get a response drive me crazy). You can use iFit to get your workouts, maps (that use Google Maps to show you where you are running if you choose), to track your progress and for 44 different workout apps.
(PS the treadmill was given to us by NordicTrack in return for my honest opinion!!!)
*And my favorite Youtube video right now. This guy is hilarious… and he gave me new songs for my running playlist ha:)
Between a half-marathon and boating…. I’m going to be really sore today and fully embrace today’s rest (aka lazy and make chocolate chip cookies) day.
Have you put a lot of miles in on a treadmill over the years or not so much…?
Any boating people? Favorite part about boating?
What are one of the restaurants that is a must-eat-at in your area?
Best thing you’ve eaten this weekend so far?