I LOVED all of your awesome comments with advice yesterday! Thank you so much and we really appreciate it!
We had a full day of activities yesterday at the cabin and so I thought I would share with you 16 scenes from the day:
1. The view from the cabin’s deck. Not a bad sight to wake up to and you gotta love that slightly cold mountain air in the morning.
2. I always find it amazing how kids absolutely love remote controls even when there are a million other toys to choose from.
3. We set out for our morning run and at .3 miles into the run we took a breather. We are currently at 9,600 feet elevation which is way higher than back at home (4,500ish feet above sea level). It took a few miles to get kind of used to it but it was crazy how hard it was to breathe while running here. I can see why the elites train at high elevation… it is killer. The gorgeous surroundings kept us distracted most of the time from thinking about how it felt like we were breathing through a straw.
4. For the last 1.5 miles of our run two of my nephews wanted to join and they were cruising.
5. It made me super happy to have them with us. They loved it and powered right up the hills. Well done team.
6. After lunch we rented some RZRs to explore Brian Head for a few hours.
7. We felt quite adventerous and the kiddos loved it (well, after the first 10 minutes they did… and on the way back they actually fell asleep!?!)
8. First stop was Marathon Pass!
9. Second stop—> Twisted Forest… complete with a mini waterfall and a short little hike.
10. Family photo break…
11. Last stop—> Mountain Pass which was absolutely breathtaking.
12. My niece in a field of wild flowers.
13. My brother from Kentucky and his wife are the best cooks. They made a huge dinner for all us including amazing grilled veggies, parmesan Italian chicken, grilled pineapple and roasted potatoes. I don’t know how they do it.
14. After dinner the kids went outside to get some major exploring in.
15. And then we watched Zootopia.
16. 108 cookies made last night. It was out of control how many of them were gobbled up. Everything We Love cookies… you complete our family.
What’s the elevation where you live? Do you notice a big difference in your running when you travel to different areas?
Last movie that you watched?
Go-to cookie that your people love?
What’s for breakfast today?