1. Happy Monday. I’m excited to start this week of running (lots of trail running coming up this week!!) off strong.. you?
2. Never ever fly with us because our plane will always be delayed. Always (we got home after 1 a.m.)
3. Did you watch game 7 last night? That was exciting. We watched it while eating fajitas (be prepared to drool over this picture below).
4. I hit 56 miles last week (… ready for some marathon training over here).
5. I had a fabulous time bachelorette partying with my girls this weekend and I’m very happy to be back with my people now in Utah.
6. My brother from Kentucky is in town today with his family so that is fun.
7. My girls trips usually involve a lot of donuts but this weekend we didn’t have a single donut but we ate all of the ice cream in Northern California.
8. We are getting our marriage license today. That’s crazy.
9. I was ridiculously sore after our Saturday of bike riding around San Francisco.
10. I think Hot Tamales are my current favorite candy. I need some vegetables.
Let’s start out the Sunday summary by discussing the first delicious meal that we had that day. We were doing the Alcatraz tour and Boudin was close by so we went for the sourdough goodness. The only time I eat soup during the summer is when it is served in a 5 lb bowl of bread.
We ate really fast and got on the ship (calling it a ship makes it sound cooler than a boat/ferry;) and right after we sat down the captain told the 4 of us to come on up and steer the ship to the island. We were all just a tad bit excited.
I cannot believe I never did the Alcatraz tour while I was living in the area. It was so beyond interesting and I can’t wait to take Andrew here when he comes out with me next time (I come about 5 times a year to this area to bring Brooke to her dad for a visit).
The views from Alcatraz were incredible.
We took the audio tour and it was pretty creepy in there… I can’t imagine doing the tour at night. That would have freaked me out even more. And now I want to watch every documentary and read every book about this place.
Minutes after this picture was taken—> we were standing outside waiting in line when a seagull nailed us. It was so wrong on so many levels…
We had a quick wardrobe change and went right to Bi-Rite and the happiness was restored.
Worth the long line and all of the hype. My favorite flavor was the one with all of the snickerdoodles in it.
I then said goodbye to the girls and drove to San Jose to pick up my girl.
She had a great weekend (she has a new seashell that she takes everywhere with her) and we were stoked to see each other again.
Crazy how much I miss this little thing even though she was only gone for two days.
The bonus of our flight being delayed—> we had time to eat at my favorite airport restaurant.
My sister sent this to me and I died laughing. Amazing. How about we do both… a run and go get a bite to eat?
What are two of your current running goals?
What was your best run last week? Hardest run?
Favorite Mexican dish?
How are you handling summer running right now? Getting used to it? Crazy hot? Humid? Give me the details!