1. Just high-fiving each other probably because….
earlier on in the day they were quiet for a few minutes—> in those few minutes they managed to tear apart a huge styrofoam box into the tiniest pieces and leave a trail all over Andrew’s entire house. It doesn’t look bad but literally, it was everywhere. At least they are creating some pretty hilarious memories together.
2. I made dinner last night for us and it sure is nice that we love the same exact foods. We are also both left-handed. Weird, right?
Bbq shredded chicken, fresh corn, avocado, cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. Remember how I have wanted a dog for a very long time? We will be running together often.
4. This morning my sister called me to tell me about some crazy wedding dress sale going on today and so Brooke and I went. No exaggeration, it was JUST like this clip from Friends. It was CRAZY. I didn’t find anything (probably because I was more concerned for Brooke’s safety than searching… I kid, kind of) but we are all going shopping tomorrow.
5. 6 miles on the treadmill with my buddy next to me.
6. Avocado and wheat thin sandwich. Try it.
7. I don’t know how I forgot to share this picture with you when Brooke got her hair cut last month but clearly she was very excited about it.
8. LOVE the tank on you Holli!!!!
9. His favorite late-night snack. Pb on a spoon with honey. I usually do this with chocolate chips but honey is a good combo too.
10. Found this on my Netflix after my niece left my house yesterday. And I’m never changing it:)
There are ten (well, probably a lot more too) things that I do the week leading up to a race (well, the races that I am shooting for a pr or a fast for my current fitness level race… the week before races that I do just for fun are a little bit different):
*Josse and I were talking about this on our run yesterday and we are both the same way—> If my runs the week leading up to the race are good and I feel fresh then I have an awful race. If my runs the week leading up to a race are hard/my legs feel like lead and I am exhausted with most of the miles = an awesome race for me. Josse has had the same experience with all of her best and worst races too. SO, for the week leading up to a race… I always hope for some pretty miserable runs before the race:)
*I always make a new race playlist and try to arrange the songs so that my favorite ones come on during the last few miles of the race or during the hardest sections of the race.
*I cut out veggies/salads for about 1-2 days before the race. I stick to simple, easy to digest foods and that keeps my stomach happy on race day.
*I eat spaghetti with chicken the night before the race. Mainly because it is my favorite meal but I also like to tell myself that it helps me to run faster. If it is the night before a warm race then I go a little heavy with the salt shaker.
*I pray that my favorite little alarm clock sleeps in a little bit later than normal to get in a bit more sleep.
*I look over my training log at my hardest runs and think about the fact that I pushed through the hard parts of those runs so I most definitely can do the same thing during the race.
*I go to lunch or dinner with my mom at some point and she gives me one of her awesome pep talks (maybe that is what she should do for her guest post while we are on our honeymoon).
*I rarely do any speed work besides just some 30-60 second strides and I ALWAYS take the day before the race completely off.
*I test out my race day outfit (if anything I want to wear on race day is new) to make sure that NOTHING chafes me—> chafing during a race drives me nuts (and really hurts when I get in the shower after a race).
*I go get a massage (from Josse) about 5 days before the race to get my legs nice and happy and ready to run.
You know what is fun… I get to do all of these pre-race/race-day/post-race celebrating with Andrew. I like that.
Anyone else left-handed?
What is your favorite late-night snack right now?!
What are some of the things that you do the week of a race that you want to rock?
How does your food change the week leading up to a race?