Let’s cover the Friday Favorites this morning!
1. I’m stoked for a weekend full of time with this guy.
2. Sour candy. For some reason this stuff has sounded way better than chocolate again!? This is what happens when you have the tastebuds of a 6 year old
3. Favorite warmer weather clothing items these days that I’m living in——> this top, I’m all about loose white blouses, striped popover, these maxi dresses, these sandals (I’m picky with my sandals because my feet hurt if there is no support), this BR v-neck (my mom gave me this and has me hooked on the linen) and I really want this swimsuit.
(non-relevant picture from when I was in California and ate an ice cream cone in the parking lot after dropping Brooke off for the weekend)
4. Zoodles (zucchini noodles). I am loving these lately. We made a big batch yesterday and cooked them in a pan on the stove before adding marinara sauce and chicken.
This is going to be a once a week meal for us. So so so good.
5. I tried this deep conditioner when I was staying at Jessie’s house and I had to order it when I got home because it made my hair feel a million times healthier (and smell really good too).
6. I saw my favorite burrito bowls at Costco last night (30 grams of protein per bowl!!!). These things make for the easiest lunches.
Costco had these to sample last night. EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH for the win.
All smiles after about 10 samples and buying a shopping cart full of berries.
7. Summer nights are here (even though it started to rain last night…). We went to the park to hit balls for the dog and to let Brooke run around too.
8. THIS SONG to run to. Finding a good running song is my love language.
-1. (Least Favorite) She is moving away from me tomorrow. Not okay. But at least I got to sneak her away for 1.5 hours yesterday before she leaves.
Don’t forget to keep sending in your running accomplishments if you want to be featured on Friday!!! These stories inspire and motivate us all! Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer!!! “May 1st I ran the New Jersey Half. I seem to be having terrible luck with races lately, as they are all getting rained on. I was determined to make this one successful. I was just hoping for no walking, no matter what my pace. I decided that each chunk of miles I would run for someone, to keep me going. Since May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month, the first 10 were for my dad who passed away from brain cancer 9 years ago. Miles 11 and 12 were each for one of my boys, and the last .1 was for me. I finished in 2:21!”
Holley!!! “So this past weekend I ran my first marathon, the Maine coast marathon in Kennebunk, Maine… What a gorgeous course!! I finished in 4:04, which is right around where I thought I would finish and felt great at the end (especially after a training cycle dealing with ITB problems). Then after I crossed the finish line while taking pictures with my family, my boyfriend proposed and I said OMG YES. As you can imagine… SO MANY EMOTIONS in one day haha! I also graduate college this week… I’d say May was a major success! I cannot wait to do another marathon, but I don’t think any PR will ever top this day!”
Rachel!!! “One of my best friends, Colleen (in the black sweatshirt), was suffering from an injury 3 months prior to this 5k and wasn’t even sure if she was going to run it. She had been aiming for a slightly slower time and mainly to finish the race pain free, but she killed it! She PR’d by over 2 minutes and ran a 7:30 pace! She’s been thinking about running a half in the fall and I think she should go for it-I know she’s much more capable than she thinks! Go Colleen Go!! (and happy almost birthday!))
Gina!!! “This past weekend I ran my first half marathon! I’ve been into running for a few years and even place in some 5ks but honestly the half (and of course the full) scared me. I put so much into my training and I’m so excited that I finished with my goal pace in 1:45:25! I woke up race day sick with a headache and sore throat but I was looking forward to this day for months, and nothing was going to stop me. Seeing my kids at the finish line chanting Mama and giving me high fives as I crossed made it all worth it! Already looking forward to my next on Rock n’ Roll Philly in September.”
What are some of your Favorite things lately?!
What is a dinner that you make the most often at home? Any delicious zoodle toppings that you want to share with me?
What is your favorite shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner?
Do you ever dedicate different miles of your race to your people?