Yesterday was one of those days where I woke up grumpy with zero desire to work out. I knew that I would feel so much better if I did get moving and that once I got going I would be glad that I did but it was just the starting part that was holding me back. I did my favorite ‘don’t even think about it (working out/running) at all (not even for a second) until you actually start’ thing. Think of everything else in the world and just get to the treadmill/track/roads and start without thinking about it (or talking yourself out of doing it) and then within a few minutes/miles you’ll be very glad that you are getting your sweat on. Sometimes it is just the getting there that is the hardest part of the whole workout.
So yeah, if you aren’t feeling it… don’t think about the workout until you are actually doing it. Once you get into the run a bit you’ll remember again why you love it.
Turned out I had a really good run day (taking Friday off from running probably helped) and I love how close my Apple Watch is for Indoor Runs… that is pretty darn accurate.
PS speaking of the treadmill… I laughed pretty hard over this (and it also made me really crave a grilled cheese):
Ten Saturday things:
1. THIS WEATHER!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stick around for the next few months.
2. My friends have specific apps/games on their phone just for Brooke. She has the best 40 aunts on the planet.
3. Cafe Rio lunch with the Lindsey. My goal is to see if I will ever get sick of eating there… I doubt it will ever happen.
4. She requested a manicure complete with the lotion hand massage too.
5. Another gorgeous night.
6. Her face when she found out we were going to the Rec Center for her to run around last night.
7. Not missing the boots and 12 layers one bit.
8. We went in for milk and like usual roamed the entire store. She is now in the stage where she wants to pick out all of her clothes.
9. There is a reason these are always on sale;)
10. CC and grapes eaten on the ground while Brooke took her bath. The classiest of Saturday nights.
Winner of my Ray-Ban Giveaway! Email me Liz!
How has your weekend running been?
Three things you have going on today?
Are you having beautiful weather where you are at too?
Cottage cheese… delicious or not so much? Plain or with toppings?