Before we get to the important Thanksgiving quiz that I am sure you are on the edge of your seat waiting for… let’s review last night.
Ms. Brooke fell asleep on me while I was rubbing her back and I put her to bed at my mom’s house for a few hours.
I picked up some of these because somebody told me they are amazing. I haven’t tried them yet but I was too interested to not buy them. Are you a chip person? I’m a huge fan of oil and vinegar chips and can’t come near Doritos anymore after eating a bag a day while pregnant.
You know your meal is going to be real good if it starts with edamame.
Rainbow roll, dynamite roll (the jalapeños in this one were intense) and the fresh roll (if a roll has lemon in it then it is my favorite).
And the amazing Tuna Tataki. Sushi dates are by far my favorite dates.
Speaking of sushi, you know you are a little too into it when you watch a documentary all about sushi in Japanese with subtitles. It was actually super interesting but I am just a sucker for a good documentary.
After dinner we went across the street for some froyo. I feel like my cup is a bit more interesting.
When I went back to get Brooke I picked up this box of sugar.
Justin sent on over some deliciousness hot off the press from this year’s crop of sugar beets. It made my day that he used miniature Milky Ways instead of packing peanuts haha! Best package ever.
Thanksgiving memories! Let’s talk about them. This year will be my third Thanksgiving without Brooke. Instead we will be going out for some turkey tonight together and having our own little celebration. This picture is from her very first Thanksgiving that we spent with my family. What are my plans for this Thanksgiving? Sleeping in. Running. Eating a lot of food. Going to bed. I know… I really need to slow down.
I have some important Thanksgiving questions for you (if you celebrate Thanksgiving) that I would love for you to answer (as many as you would like) in the comments!
1. Favorite Thanksgiving food item?
-rolls and mashed potatoes (with extra butter and cream cheese)
2. Favorite Thanksgiving memory?
-When we had my poodle as a teenager we would go to the track every Thanksgiving and hold a 100 meter race. My brothers and I would compete against the poodle and she won every single time. She would even stay in her lane for the entire race.
3. Do you go to a movie on Thanksgiving?
-I know a lot of people do so I thought I would ask.
4. Any Thanksgiving foods that you do not like?
-Gravy. I keep trying to love it but I just can’t.
5. How do you feel about stores interrupting Thanksgiving now by starting their sales on Thanksgiving day?
6. Do you hit up the sales on Thursday/Black Friday or do you avoid them like the plague?
7. Do you typically run a race on Thanksgiving or go on a run on your own or take the day off?
8. Do you prefer a big get together for the holiday or to keep it small?
9. What is your food assignment for this year, are you in charge of the whole thing or are you going out to eat?
10. What time do you typically eat Thanksgiving dinner?