1. Yesterday’s run was a step up compared to Wednesday’s run. A) I felt better. B) I had your AMAZING stress management comments (thank you… I read EVERY comment and I can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience/tips with me) to think about while I was running. C) It is October which means the temperatures are perfection.
I just did a small loop over and over again to make sure I didn’t get too far away from my car just in case I needed to stop.
2. Mr. Garmin, we meet again. I’m sure you have missed my garmin pictures on the blog the last little while.
3. Trying to get in some more park days for Brooke before it snows. Sorry, gotta run—> the The Phoenix Marathon/half-marathon gave these hoodies out a few years ago!
4. Brooke’s favorite after school snack = apples and almond butter. Atta girl (atta girl/boy is a pretty huge compliment we get from my dad so clearly I am pretty proud of her and her favorite snack).
5. Spent some time at my mom’s house and Brooke entertained us with her acrobatics.
6. Brooke helped Lindsey out to take some of our pictures the other day… I don’t know why the peace sign is my automatic posing move but it just happens.
7. Come visit us in Utah already.
8. You know you have a good sister when she will go through your hair and get the grey hairs out for you. I know you aren’t supposed to pull them out but we just can’t help ourselves.
9. My next round of shirts/tanks will be available soon! I’m pretty darn excited to show you them!
10. Brooke has a pretty incredible trail mix recipe for you that she made at school the other day:
Pretzels, candy corn (I haven’t had any yet this season… I don’t even know who I am anymore), marshmallows, chex and animal crackers. PS if you are a candy corn person please mix a bag of candy corn with a bunch of salted peanuts (I prefer two-three peanuts for every one candy corn) and eat them. The person that shared this combination first with me has received many ‘thank you’ texts over the last few years because of it.
11. I got this text from one of my really good friends. It gave me goosebumps. Running brings me so much confidence and a huge feeling of accomplishment and I LOVE when it does the same for the people that I love.
12. Target sells these and you can freeze them or microwave them and roll your feet out on them. Treat yo’ feet because we sure put a lot of stress on them with all of our running!
13. A reader yesterday recommended watching THIS episode of Brené Brown and Oprah and I loved it. I have read two of her books and they are amazing. Something that she said on the episode that I love was about the thing we are all searching for—> “The sense of I am enough and my imperfection doesn’t change that.”
14. When something actually sounds good lately… I go for it. And this hit the spot I think.
15. Our weekend plans include a pumpkin patch, lots of relaxing on the couch, maybe bumping up my run to 7 miles on Saturday if I am feeling good and my nephew’s birthday party. A much better weekend than last weekend:)
What are your weekend plans?
Any food that sounds really good to you right now?
Do you prefer butter popcorn or kettle corn?
What runs do you have scheduled for this weekend?