I hope your weekend was fabulous! Here are a few things from our Sunday:
1. Coordinating outfits with Brooke is a big source of my happiness.
2. Just because I love to take pictures of her running around.
3. Most of the time snacks that I get at the store never even make it inside my house. I was pretty pumped yesterday when I got into my car and remembered my Skinny Pop from the other day in the back.
4. Marathon training leaves every fiber of my body pretty exhausted by the end of the week which means I can pretty much nap through anything.
5. Baking has turned into a necessary Sunday activity for us.
We also made some TJ’s pumpkin bread for 2 reasons—> we love the taste and it makes my apartment smell like heaven.
6. Brooke is teaching her little cousin how to work locks. My dad made this board of locks/switches/handles for my nephew ten years ago and it is still the favorite toy for all of the kiddos.
7. Spent some time outside and Brooke got in some hill sprints on the grass hill (I should probably run more hills).
8. Ate dinner with the family and we had salad, rice and meatballs.
9. I was in charge of dessert so of course I brought large amounts of sugar.
10. My sister really spent a lot of time decorating her cookie;) The kiddos sure loved it!
Also, mind blown:
-FYI today is the last day for the J. Crew sale! 25% off full priced items and an extra 40% off sale items! My favorite v-neck sweater is just $40 there right now… the green one is in the mail on its way to me as we speak!
Marathon Training Week #283
Monday: 5 miles @ 8:34 pace on the treadmill.
Tuesday: 10 miles total! 2 mile warm-up, 8 x .5 miles with 2:30 recovery jogs, 2 mile cool-down. Average of 2:53 for the .5 mile repeats.
Wednesday: 5 miles @ 8:20 pace on the treadmill.
Thursday: 7.5 miles. 10 minute warm-up, 10 x 400m with 1 minute recovery jogs in between, 3 x 200 and 10 minute cool-down. Average pace for the speed splits—> 5:24. This workout left me pretty exhausted!
Friday: 3 miles with Josse @ 8:24 pace. Felt so good to run with her again!
Saturday: 16 miles @ 6:55 average (a much needed run for me mentally and physically… + I was in the sunshine for the entire run).
PS I am pretty sure I am signing up for my marathon this week so I will let you know which one as soon as I actually sign up! I have just wanted to make sure I was healthy enough to keep up with the training before signing up and I am feeling so much better so we are good to go!
And the winner of my Blogging Anniversary Running Shoes Giveaway is:
I sure hope you rocked your marathon Katie and that your post marathon donut tasted amazing!
Who else raced this last weekend? How did it go?
Three things from your weekend pretty please!
What is your favorite post-race treat?
How was your running last week? Best run? Hardest run?