Things are feeling better around here (not sure if it is the anti-nausea medicine or things actually getting better but I’ll take it…) and so I’ve got some highlights from the day.
1. I put on real clothes (hasn’t really happened much in a while) and got to go out to Chef’s Table.
2. I ate non-blah food and I didn’t die. This watermelon salad spoke to my heart. I am not sure what foods make my body go nuts but I have another appointment with the gastroenterologist soon and I’m sure he’ll have advice for me and there will probably be a good amount of trial and error along the way.
3. The view of my favorite mountains from our table..
4. Brooke had her first ever (that I know of) fruit roll-up and it brought back all sorts of memories of my elementary packed lunches.
5. A video.
4 things happening in this movie:
-Brooke can spell her name (and the look of satisfaction on her face after she finishes makes me very happy).
-“Me wanna see you get married” was the random thing Brooke kept telling me yesterday.
-Brooke’s version of You Are My Sunshine.
-I love how she says Almond Butter.
6. I laughed pretty hard when a reader sent this to me. Runners are quite an interesting group of people.
7. My brother (that lives in Arizona) finally got an iPhone so we can FaceTime now. He is one of the funniest humans I know and seeing his face while we talk makes me feel like I am there hanging out with him. This highlight will be one that I hope occurs a few times a week now.
8. Brookers always asks to sit on my lap while I blog so here is a picture from the computer of us blogging in our home office (aka the south side of our kitchen table).
9. Stumbling upon this Portable Pizza Pouch because “no one should ever be without pizza.”
All of you Chicago Marathon runners (GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND)—> check out these awesome podcasts from Runners Connect to help you prepare! THIS ONE is with Chicago Race Director Carey Minkowski and THIS ONE is a Chicago Marathon ultimate race guide!
PS I was googling pictures of the Chicago Marathon and this one made me want to jump into the picture and join the crowd ready to run 26.2 miles.
Who will be running the Chicago Marathon this weekend? Who has in the past? Tell me about it!!!
What race is next for you if you have any planned right now?
Last restaurant that you ate at?
-I’m pretty sure my normal 3 food establishments that we eat at dozens of times a month must be worried about us because we have been MIA.
What things were packed in your lunchbox when you were in elementary school?
-All I know is that if my mom ever packed me some dunkaroos—> I must have done something really good.