6.5 miles this morning on my favorite running trail. 7:43 average pace and lots of trying to run in any and all of the shade that I could find.
Tomorrow’s workout. I haven’t done Yassos in FOREVER but I do remember them hurting and being really tough.
I can be pretty talented at doubting myself in my running (umm… the whole sub 3 things scares me at times)/life/everything possible and when workouts like this one pop up I start to doubt that I will be able to do it. This is probably a pretty common problem for a lot of us. It is hard to control these thoughts popping into our brains in the first place but we CAN control what we think about once these thoughts come in. We can keep dwelling on them or switch them around.
Something that I have been thinking about lately when I start doubting myself is:
‘I can do it now’
I am ready now, I don’t need any more training or time… I’m ready to go now.
It is crazy how much of a difference it makes in our running when we simply change the I can’t to the I can. That’s it. Just take out the ’t and you will notice a huge difference in your speed and endurance. Changing your thoughts to ‘I can’ keeps you from holding your own self back. So… YOU CAN DO IT NOW. Those simple words can bring you a lot of confidence, enthusiasm and strength.
And if your workout or run doesn’t go as planned that is a-okay too but at least you gave it your best shot….
“Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off and stride forward. -Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Sights that I have been loving:
1. Sprinklers. When I came upon this sight this morning I almost cried happy tears. It was right at the end of my run and these sprinklers cooled me down approximately 20 degrees.
2. My cousin (the one that is on the blog often) just got this puppy. I die. I could stare at him all day long.
3. Brooke snoozing after a fun-filled day up in Park City.
4. Seeing this song pop up on my playlist always makes me happy. I have a deep love for Florence.
5. My little nephew’s knees and thighs.
6. I got this tank at the Nike Outlet up in Park City and fell in love with it on my 16 miler. So light, soft and I love the purple. You can find it HERE but it was 40% off at the outlet so if you have one close by check it out!
7. I love seeing Brooke copy random things that I do—> putting her sunglasses on the top of her head as soon as we get into the shade.
8. Seeing her contemplate life.
9. I love the sight of your comments…. Molly, we will be making your popsicles. I LOVE TJ’s pink lemonade.
10. When she leaves the room for 2 seconds and then comes back wearing all of her cousin’s jewelry.
What are some of the sights that you have been loving lately?
What breed of dogs do you think are the absolute cutest?
People living in humid areas—> does your body adjust to it pretty well or is it killing you off this summer?
On a scale of 1-10 how has your Monday been so far?