Like usual, I have some random information for you before we get to the title of the post.
It is quite amazing how a $2.99 pool noodle from the grocery store made Brooke smile for a very long time. We never made it to the pool to use it but she played with it for most of the day.
Brooke’s grandma on her dad’s side was in town yesterday so she took us for some ice cream sundaes at Thanksgiving Point. My philosophy after my divorce has been—> the more people that love Brooke the better and I really want to support her other relationships. It’s been really nice to be able to have a good relationship with my ex-in-laws because they are amazing people.
Brooke never even touched the brownie sundae. All she cared about was the side of sprinkles.
This (napping in my arms) doesn’t happen much but when it does, I soak it up.
Mac and cheese was Brooke’s dinner request (with some veggies). I was going to make a random sweet potato concoction for me but then mac and cheese sounded delicious and so I just ate it right out of the pan. Sometimes kid food really is my favorite kind of food.
Turns out when I run my hair looks somewhat like a firework.
Speaking of fireworks, I am already really looking forward to the 4th of July next weekend. I am taking Brooke to her first ever Stadium of Fire and Journey will be there performing. It’s going to be an exciting night. Anyone else in Utah going to be there?
I love surveys and I love running surveys even more. Feel free to copy and paste the questions (all or some) into the comments box and answer away:) I love hearing your answers to these types of questions!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?