I hope your Tuesday has been a good one so far. Here are some of my tangents for the day:
1. Normally I clasp my hands like so when I am planking but…
Megan has been having me plank with my palms flat and I have noticed a definite difference—> doing planks this way makes me engage my core way more! Try it out!
2. Two more pics from our ‘rock climbing’ adventures. Is it too early to already be wanting to go back to St. George?
3. I don’t know why I thought this was so funny (someone texted it to me) but it just made me laugh really hard.
4. I do what I can.
6. Just some hot tamales while Megan had a solo dance party up front.
7. This morning’s run felt like death. My body and mind felt great but the HUMIDITY in the gym was out of control. I am about to clap for an hour straight for all of you that run in humidity frequently. Humidity is painful and I’m pretty sure my entire body chaffed. Luckily, I had Heather next to me to keep me entertained. 10 miles @ 7:54 average pace. Seriously though, you guys that kill your training in high humidity are my heroes.
8. Does anybody else keep their race chip on their shoes for a few weeks after the race or am I just the only lazy one?
9. Saw my little man and sissy today. Slowly but surely my sis is getting better and better after her back surgery and this little man is getting bigger and bigger.
10. It’s raining here so Brooke is hydrating.
11. I’ve had a bunch of people ask what type of protein powder I use for my smoothies. I am extremely picky about this kind of stuff (I cannot stand a protein chalky taste) and found my favorite kind about a year ago and haven’t looked back.
I use FIT4HER and if you use the coupon code HRG you can get $5 off!!!
Each serving has 140 calories, 16g protein and 5.5g fiber. This stuff was made specifically for women so it also focuses on helping women to get in the stuff we need most as far as vitamins, minerals and proteins go. Vanilla is my favorite and the chocolate comes in a close second. I just add a bunch of frozen berries, almond butter and some sort of milk and boom… PS my friend’s dad is actually the maker of this so that is how I found out about it in the first place:)
Have any tangents for me today?
Hot Tamales—> yay or nay?
Do you use any protein powder? Do you like protein bars?
Who lives in an area with high humidity? HOW DO YOU SURVIVE?