My sister had her baby!!!!!!!!!!! Momma and baby are healthy and happy. My nieces and nephew are also already so in love with him.
Like usual, I have a few very important things to tell you about from our day yesterday.
1. Brooke had her first PEZ experience. I used to collect these as a child (you probably aren’t surprised by that fun fact) and so it was time for Brooke to get her first one. Next up—> she of course needs some Pogs and Slammers.
2. It was such a beautiful day outside which called for some exploring.
We hung out at Utah Lake for a bit.
3. We always make sure to pencil in a nice long nap on Sundays.
4. Our Super Bowl soup party… plus loads more chips and salsa.
5. The only part of the game that I actually watched. Katy Perry. The best.
6. I love homemade oreos because even though you are technically eating two cookies at a time, it actually only counts as one.
Boston Training Week #5 (I have a feeling the race is going to be here before I know it!!!)
Monday: 9 miles @ 8:12 pace followed by Post-Run Power Exercises!
Tuesday: 11 miles with 10 x 800. 2 mile warm-up, 1.75 mile cool-down. 800s—> 3:05, 3:05, 3:05, 3:05, 3:05, 3:04, 3:03, 3:04, 3:03, 3:02. Each recovery was .25 miles @ 10:00 pace. I am still amazed that this workout even happened because I was so not in it.
Wednesday: 9 miles @ 8:28 pace. Nice and relaxed, lots of zoning out.
Thursday: 7 miles @ 7:45 pace. Progressive run—> started with an 8:34 mile and ended with a 7:00 mile.
Saturday: 15 miles. 7:56 average pace. My only outside run of the week! 5 miles up-tempo in the middle—> 7:09, 7:07, 7:03, 7:02, 6:54. This long run felt better than any of my previous ones but my legs were still pretty fatigued by the end. Time for more squats:)
Sunday: OFF (two rest days per week work really well for me)
51 miles total. My happy spot.
Toys or candy that really remind you of your childhood? Anyone else into PEZ and Pogs?
Best run for you last week? Details please!
WHO has a February birthday?