This is one of my favorite people ever and she is the strongest girl I know.
We first met 6 years ago when I was teaching spin in Provo and she would come to all of my classes. We recently reconnected (hallelujah!) and she came to my spin class today. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and went through intense chemo over this last year and kept her positive attitude the entire time. She is now cancer free but still has 6 more treatments left until she is all done. She is back to exercising again and talking to her for just 1 minute is guaranteed to put you in the best mood.
It is amazing to me what some people go through and how well they handle it!
Next on the agenda—> my mom, Brooke and I went over to my sister’s house to hang out for a bit. Her husband made us blueberry/spinach/mango/yogurt smoothies and they hit the spot. He also made us some wonton soup (he is a keeper!!)
The girls loved their smoothies too!
And 5 random things I need to tell you about:
1. I cannot stop eating these. These taste like candy.
In my world, 9 clementines = 1 serving of fruit.
2. Our mountains were looking extra cold this morning.
3. Yes and yes hungrymotherrunner!!!!
4. There isn’t a lot out there better than a head massage. My sister and I are known for constantly switching off giving each other head massages whenever we are together. Another reason I will never move away from her again:)
5. The only person that will still hug me when I am sweaty after a workout. She does always make sure to put her blanket in between us when I am sweaty:)
An avid runner and racquetball player reader emailed me yesterday asking:
“I was wondering if you have ever known anyone who has ever suffered from a condition called haglund’s deformity/pump bump? It’s just a bump on the back of your heel really and it has gotten to the point where I need to have the bump removed. I am just wondering if other people with this problem have elected to have surgery for it.”
Anyone experience this problem? Can anyone help her out?
I haven’t heard anything random from you lately… YOUR TURN!!! Tell me the random stuff in your life!