Last night was a good one.
Mer (my grandma) needed help getting her tree put up and because Brooke and I have become quite the tree experts, we were there in an instant.
Mer let Brooke choose out any ornament that she wanted to take home for our tree. PS Mer has had some of her ornaments for 80 years!
Mr. Blue is photobombing like usual.
This morning was a sweaty one. Thank goodness because my body craves that kind of stuff. I taught a spin class and two things about this picture.
1. That is Jess’s knee! She had knee surgery 6 weeks ago and is rehabbing like a champ. She came to class today and rocked it (while also listening to her body and being smart about it all too:)
2. These spin shoes of mine have taught hundreds of spin classes (I bought them 8 years ago) and they still work like a dream. If only running shoes could last that long… We would all have a lot more money in our bank accounts.
I adore spin. I know it is good for my running and I love how intense it is.
Why I think runners should at least try out some spin classes:
1. Talk about teaching your legs how to have a quick leg turnover! My PR in the marathon happened during a time that I was teaching 3-4 spin classes a week and running 3 days. I think it really helps me to learn how to have a fast cadence and train my legs to move quick.
2. LESS IMPACT on your joints/body/bones while still getting your heart rate WAY up there and building strength in those legs.
3. You can simulate running workouts while on the bike. Tempo rides, mile repeats, sprints, long steady climbs—> you name it, the bike can help you with your endurance.
4. The spin bike is awesome when you are taking a few days off from running because you have a niggle and do not want it to turn into an full-blown injury. PS I own THIS ONE and it is a great one to have at home!
5. In the winter when it is freezing outside, I think that a hot/sweaty spin class is good for your soul and internal body temperature;)
I will say, that no matter how good of running shape I think I am in, a spin class still kicks my trash in the best way possible.
Brooke chose to wear her #snowday shirt.
She is very intuitive because it is snowing like crazy this afternoon.
I would show you a picture but instead, imagine a square picture that is all white because it is pretty much a blizzard outside.
One of the things that will save me this winter is my beloved Minestrone. I make it super hot in hopes of it keeping me warm for the rest of the day.
Yeah… about that:
Tell me about THREE things that you have done today!!