I just wish that Fall could last for a few extra months. Wouldn’t that be great?
Here are a few of the reasons why I think we should force mother nature to extend this perfect season.
1a. Fall Running. My absolute favorite. The weather is perfect. Shorts (preferably matching ones with your running buddy) and a long sleeve top, jacket or vest is all you need. You are a tiny bit cold when you first start out (at least that is how it is in Utah) but after a mile or so it is just right. ++++++ The red/orange/yellow leaves when you find a really good trail in the mountains, I just can’t think of a lot better than that.
1b. Fall racing. I would SOOO much rather train in the summer/fall for a fall race than train in the winter for a spring race. (My marathon PR and half-marathon PR both occurred during the fall months!!!)
2. Soup. Any and all soup but especially THIS SOUP!!! I made it last night and loved it like I do every fall. It is always a crowd pleaser.
3. Pumpkin candles that make your entire house smell like heaven.
4. These make their appearance in stores (ps my 4 year old nephew calls these cupcakes because the wrapper looks like a cupcake wrapper, he has a good point).
5. Fall clothing. The best.
6. The fact that you can find soooo many pumpkin flavored foods at TJ’s. Brooke and I approve of this one:
7. The treats. My favorite snicker doodle white chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, this monster munch popcorn and Pinterest being loaded with things like this:
8. Apple season in Utah. These suckers are so flavorful and are perfect for making apple pie, apple crisp and/or eating a few a day with large amounts of almond butter.
9. All of the good tv shows start up again.
10. People get really into all of the fall festivities. All of the best traditions of the year begin starting in the fall (yes, I already have our list of Christmas traditions put together for each day of December this year).
From last night at a big pumpkin carving competition… this one was my favorite!
What are three of your fall favorites?
Have you carved pumpkins yet this year?
Favorite type of soup?