Race recaps always take me a long time to finish because I want to make sure that I get in every detail… it will be up Monday morning for shizzle. For now here are some race weekend things.
1. How does a ginormous snarl like this one even happen. I am so confused.
2. My aunt and I were nervous that we didn’t get enough salt in the night before the race. So we added salt to our potato chips. Talk about dedication.
3. For dinner we had plates of this magic. St. George is crazy busy during the marathon (7,800 marathon runners!) and we did not feel like waiting for a place to eat. Homemade marinara sauce for the win.
4. Brooke learned the correct way to roll out her quads at the expo.
5. This package from Candice. The softest socks for after the race, gloves to wear because it was freezing at the start, my favorite fuel for during the race and an amazing way to refuel—> oreos.
6. I was ready before we had to leave for the race. So, at 4:30 a.m. I got back on my bed, ate a bagel and kicked back. Runners, the way we choose to spend our weekend mornings is kind of strange.
7. This was my first time ever wearing a fuel belt. I bought this one at the expo and LOVED it. I made sure to get a waterproof one so that I could dump water on my head without getting anything inside of it wet. It didn’t bounce around at all and it fit in a ton of stuff!
8. Candice brought lunch over after the race and it tasted oh so good. I was craving a salad (umm I hadn’t had one since Wednesday and they are my favorite) and salty french fries. AND my beloved post-race diet coke.
9. Lots of food talk. My parents brought this over last night to celebrate. Try it.
10. And my favorite post-race activity. She’s a real good one and doesn’t mind me when I am sweaty.
What has been the best part of your weekend so far?
Do you ever get huge snarls in your hair when you run?
Favorite type of bagel?