I have been going back and forth for weeks now on what shoes to wear on marathon day. I have been doing about 60% of my training in the Glycerin 12s and the other 40% in my Pure Flows (except when I am trail running, I always wear my Cascadia 9s). I was leaning towards wearing my Glycerins for the marathon but I made the final decision today to wear my PureFlows (I know, so many tough life decisions).
The flows have just been through so much with me and I have a newer pair than the ones below just begging to see the St. George Marathon course with me. I am pretty sure these shoes were just specifically made for me.
7 miles today, 5 tomorrow and 4 on Thursday… I love taking the day off before the race. Fresh legs.
The song of the run (what I listened to on repeat 10 times in a row) was I Lived by One Republic—> I LOVE the lyrics.
And a post-run bathroom selfie while Brooke washed her hands.
Jess can’t drive because of her knee surgery and so Brooke has been loving that we get to pick her girls up from school everyday. I love having the backseat full.
Stop at Which Wich while we were out doing a bunch of errands… can you tell I like onions?
I simply could not say no to this stuff when we were getting gas at Maverick.
Randomness for your Monday. I saw my fifth grade portfolio at my mom’s house and decided to go through it with the Brookers.
Cool Cat indeed.
Proof that I always wanted to be a teacher. It wasn’t until I was in college that I decided to teach high school though. I am sure if blogging existed way back then I would have also drawn a picture about that:)
Brooke is officially old—> she can now get a drink from the drinking fountain without my help.
And here she is blowing you a kiss.
PS I was reminded this morning about how it isn’t just important to get x hours of sleep a night but also that you are hitting the sack at about the same time each night!
What shoes do you like to run your races in?
What did you want to be when you were growing up and what are you doing now?
Do you usually go to bed at the same time every night?