New HRG Baby post—> 2 years OLD!!!
10 Things That My Eyeballs Saw Last Night.
1. These cookies that I made. My friend Megan sent me a picture of these cookies the other night and I knew I had to make them myself—> candy corn on your cookies? Doesn’t get much better.
Recipe straight from the source:
“Cream together 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar with 2 sticks of softened butter until smooth. Beat the crap out of it (like for 5 min). Then add the 2 eggs and beat together again until combined. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp of baking soda that you have dissolved and mixed into 2 tsp of hot water. Mix JUST TO COMBINE – DO NOT OVER MIX (that is what makes a flat cookie). Add 3 cups all purpose flour (again, just until combined). Mix in, by hand with a spatula 1 bag of white chocolate chips
Scoop dough using a cookie scoop (or by rounded Tbsp full) onto cookie sheet and freeze for about 15 minutes. I then just take the cookies out 12 at a time and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 min at 350 (depends on your oven, mine is 10min 15 seconds. Lol) when you pull them out, stick 3 candy corns into the cookie. Let it cool on the cookie sheet for 2min before removing them to cool completely. If you have more time, you can just refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours instead of scooping and freezing the dough.
This makes about 4.5 dozen cookies.”
2. Attempting to make a photo collage on my wall. Somebody come help me. Now.
3. I saw this scene of Brooke eating popcorn, reading her new book and keeping her dogs close by to her at all times.
4. This beautiful slice of pizza that I ate with my mom and Dad at Costco while I was there picking up pictures.
5. While at Costco I saw my favorite blanket in the world (Ultimate Sherpa Throw) and it was on sale so of course I had to stock up on them.
6. I saw Brooke hugging her best friend goodbye. These two.
7. After putting groceries away I walked over to the couch to see what Brooke was doing and this is what I saw. She put her blanket like this as she was working on her flashcards.
I think she wants a snuggie.
8. I saw this shirt and it was awesome. Another reason to keep up with your endurance training and speed work… You never know when you will be playing tag again.
9. I saw this article about things to do for the 2 days leading up to your big race. Great tips and I will be testing some of them out come October 2nd and 3rd (aka the 48 hours before my next marathon).
10. Jimmy Falon’s face when I really should have been in bed asleep.
Candy Corn—> Yay or Nay? Ever tried the different flavored ones?
Do you run the day before a race? 2 days before a race?
Costco people- Last thing(s) you bought there?