18 miles today.
That is a really long way to go. We are all kind of crazy, you know that right?!
It is funny because just a few months ago the run I am about to do today (18 easy paced miles) was no big deal BUT after taking some breaks and just getting back into long runs again it feels like I am about to embark on a 10 year journey. I will survive and I have bribed some friends to run with me. Here are some things that I like to do the day/night before a long run:
1. Stay off my feet as much as possible (also known as be extra lazy and pretend like it is a requirement to stay at home as much as possible).
2. Read articles about some of my favorite athletes. I love how Kara Goucher is so easy to relate to even though she can run 1,000 miles per hour.
3. I like to eat a dinner full of carbs, protein and fat (tortilla, sweet potato/zucchini/egg/tomato mixture and guacamole).
4. I tend to check my electronics 4 trillion times to make sure that they are all charged and ready to go.
5. Watch amazing videos like this one! Joe Pavey (40 YEARS OLD) wins the 10,000m Final European Athletics Championship!!!
6. Throw my debit card into my phone case so that I can buy water just in case my favorite water fountains aren’t working.
7. Eat a few chocolate covered cinnamon bears because they are on the top 5 candy list.
8. Go to bed when the sun goes down… I was in bed at 9 (but didn’t fall asleep for a while.. this brain of mine).
How do you prepare for the long run?
What are your weekend plans?!?
What time did you get to bed last night?
Do you tend do eat just the egg whites or the whole egg?